I was finally able to get to the craft store without all of my kiddos in tow. Which means I had plenty of time to browse aisles that I haven’t been able to browse in a long while. Usually it’s in and out, only picking up specific items. Well, as I was cruising through the baking aisle at Hobby Lobby, I was checking out all the fun colors of candy melts they had and I spotted a bag of white mint candy melts. My husband is a huge fan of mint and chocolate, so I knew I needed to snatch up that bag and find a way to use it. I decided what would be better than mint and brownies and made up these white mint brownie bites.
Last week I came across these amazing pound cake bites from Shaken Together. They looked beautiful and I decided to give it a try with brownies.
I used a regular brownie mix and mixed it according to the directions and decided to bake it in a 9×13 pan at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. I didn’t want my brownie bites to be too tall. I had lined the pan with foil so that once it was cooled, I could remove the hole thing from the pan and cut out my brownies. The edges were a little too crispy, but the middle was perfect to cut out my brownie bites. I used a 1 1/2 inch circle cutter, but you could always cut them in squares too.
Once all my brownies were cut out, I melted my white mint candy melts, half the bag at a time, for 1 minute. I recommend using a glass bowl. Anything microwave safe should work, but glass has always worked best for me. Stir the candy until it is nice and smooth. Dip each brownie bite into the mint coating and cover the entire thing. Using a fork, gently lift the brownie out of the candy coating and shake off any extra. Set them on a silpat or parchment paper lined counter or cookie sheet. Top them with a few sprinkles. Then let the candy coating harden before serving.
These were so easy and were the perfect combination of mint and chocolatey goodness!
- 1 box brownie mix - and ingredients on box
- 1 (12 oz) bag white mint candy melts (found at Hobby Lobby)
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil or parchment paper. Spray pan with non stick spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix brownies according to package directions. Spread evenly into prepared 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake brownies for 30 minutes.
- Let brownies cool and using foil, lift out of pan.
- Using a 1½ inch circle cutter, cut out brownie bites.
- Melt mint candy melts for 1 minute in microwave safe bowl. Stir until smooth. Add additional 30 seconds if needed to melt.
- Dip brownie bites in candy melts and cover completely.
- Set on parchment paper and top with sprinkles.
- Allowing candy to set before serving.
I took these over to my parents house for our Sunday dinner dessert and they were a hit!
These would be perfect for a party and are even more perfect for today, since it’s St. Patrick’s Day! Hope you all enjoy your day!