Hooray for soup season!! I could live on soup. It is one of my most favorite things to eat and finally it is cool enough to make it for dinner. My husband loves chili and I love to make things that are easy. This slow cooker chicken chili makes both my husband and myself happy.
I like to keep things in my pantry or freezer to make making soups easy. You can read my 3 tips for making quick fall soups which is another reason this chili was so easy to make. I used diced onions, carrots and celery that I had already chopped and kept in my freezer. Add those, a couple chicken breasts, cans of beans and chili seasoning. It’s that easy.
- 3 chicken breasts
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 3 medium carrots chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can white beans
- 1 package mild chili seasoning
- Place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker/crock pot.
- Add chopped onions, carrots and celery.
- Do NOT drain any of the cans, empty all cans of tomatoes and beans into the slow cooker.
- Add package of chili seasoning and stir it together.
- Cook on high for 6-7 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Shred the chicken and mix it all together before serving.
Top it with a little (or a lot) sour cream and cheese and you’re ready to eat!
We can’t wait to make this chili again! I usually try and make some sort of corn bread or rolls to go along with our soups, but sometimes a buttered piece of bread will do the trick.
Here are more soup recipes you might enjoy: