Summer time in AZ is hot, hot, hot! We are always looking for ways to keep cool. One of my favorite things to create in my kitchen are delicious drinks. And a yummy slush is just what we need when the temps are high. I made this tropical peach slush the other day and the whole family went nuts for it!
The key to making this slush is to freeze it in a plastic zipper bag over night in the freezer. Once I mix up the ingredients, I add them to a freezer zipper bag and get as much air out of the bag as possible. I lay it flat in the freezer. Once I’m ready to make the slush and finish it up, I remove it from the freezer and set in on the counter for about 15 minutes.
- 2 medium peaches peeled and sliced
- 2 TBL white sugar
- 1 TBL lemon juice
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 (6 oz) can pineapple juice
- 1 liter lemon lime soda
- In a medium bowl add peach slices, sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix all together and put in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once all the sugar is dissolved and peaches are a little soft, use a potato masher and crush up the peaches into smaller pieces.
- Add can of crushed pineapple (juice and all), orange juice and can of pineapple juice.
- Pour into a plastic freezer bag and place in freezer. - I like to lay them flat if possible.
- To serve: take out of freezer and let set on counter for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a rolling pin and try to break up the frozen fruit/juice mixture.
- **If that doesn't work, cut the plastic bag off and place in a baking dish, use a potato masher to break into pieces**
- Once it is broken up, put into bowl (or punch bowl) add lemon lime soda and mix together.
I break up all the frozen drink into chunks and add lemon lime soda to finish it up. You can add as much or as little soda as you like depending on how slushy you want your drink.
The pieces of fresh peaches and pineapple along with the fruit juices and soda make this such a refreshing summer drink.
How do you keep cool in the summer time? Do you have a favorite drink or treat?
Happy Cool Off!
Check out more of our easy party punch recipes like: