This watermelon lemonade is full of sweet watermelon flavor, tart lemons and is perfect for those hot summer days.
In Phoenix our summers begin with 100+ degree temperatures. Then as the summer goes on the monsoon storms roll in, which are really cool, and the temps go down to the 90s. With those 90 degree temperatures though, comes the humidity. And that is where we are at right now. Ugh. The humidity. Luckily we only have it for a short amount of time. I guess I’m a dry heat kind of gal. Ha ha!
Well with all the dry heat and the humidity, there is something that I’m always up for, and that is a tall glass of lemonade. Really, I love all kinds of frosty beverages, sodas, lemonades or easy party punch drinks. Without knowing that national watermelon day was an actual thing, I decided to take the cut up watermelon I had in my fridge, and combine it with the lemonade mix I had in my freezer to make up a batch of watermelon lemonade just in time for it’s special day.
The result was a delicious drink perfect for battling this crazy Phoenix summer weather. And it’s pretty too! Win!
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 - 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 12 oz pineapple juice
- ½ (2 L) water
- 1 liter lemon lime soda
- Add 2 cups sugar and 1 cup water to a small sauce pan on medium high heat.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add cubed watermelon and a couple tablespoons of water to a blender and blend until watermelon is pureed.
- Pour watermelon puree into a large pitcher through a strainer to remove all the seeds that didn't blend up in the blender.
- Add lemon juice and pineapple juice to the pitcher.
- Add sugar and water mixture and mix everything together.
- Add the rest of the water and stir.
- Add lemon lime soda right before you serve.
When you hear the name, watermelon lemonade, you might wonder what it tastes like. Let me tell you this, it tastes like watermelon and lemonade. It really is just what it says it is.
If you are lemonade lovers, try some of these other easy lemonade recipes which we love.