Skip the chocolate chips and make this colorful m&m cookie recipe for your next family get together. Change the color of m&m’s to match any occasion.
Cookies are one of my family’s favorite treats. The kids especially love cookies if they get to help make the cookies. So when I decided to make this M&M Cookie recipe, I knew I’d have lots of little hands to help me.
What I like about this m&m cookie recipe is that you can change up the color of the m&ms for any occasion. Since Easter is just around the corner, we used the pastel Easter bag of m&ms for these cookies. Luckily most of the m&ms made it to the cookies and not in my kids tummies. 🙂
M&M Cookie Recipe
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2¾ cups flour
- 1 cup m&m candies
- In a big bowl with mixing paddle, cream together butter, shortening and sugars.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until all combined.
- Add m&ms and mix on low or hand mix until all combined.
- Scoop onto cookie sheets and add more m&ms if desired.
- Bake 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes.
You can see those cute hands being so helpful during and of course after the cookies are made. 🙂
Does your family have a favorite treat? If you like cookies like my family, try some of these other recipes.