We are big Disney fans around here. If I had my way we would go on a Disney trip every year if we could. One of the fun things about Disney is that they always have not just delicious but fun food! There is always something we must try while we are there or we have to get our favorites. We have an upcoming trip to Disney and to celebrate, I thought it would be fun to make some Disney inspired Mickey Mouse soft pretzels.
These buttery soft pretzels were a hit with the kids. We are getting more excited as we plan for our trip. We can’t wait to try a Mickey Mouse soft pretzel while we are there.
- 4 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1½ cups warm water
- 5 cups flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1½ tsp. salt
- 1½ TBL. melted butter
- ½ cup baking soda
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 TBL melted butter and salt for topping
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast, 1 tsp. white sugar and warm water.
- Let it stand until creamy/foamy. About 10 minutes.
- In mixing bowl mix together flour, ½ cup white sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add melted butter and yeast mixture.
- Use a dough hook and mix together. Starting on low and then increasing speed as it combines.
- You may have to add 1-2 TBL water if the mixture looks too dry or is not all coming together.
- Knead dough with dough hook about 7-8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in bowl and turn it to coat with oil.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until it is double in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a wide sauce pan with short sides, add 4 cups water and baking soda and heat until baking soda dissolves. Keep water hot, not boiling.
- Turn dough onto lightly greased (use cooking spray) surface and divide into 16 equal pieces.
- Just using your hands, roll and pat out each piece to about ¾ inch thick.
- Use a mickey mouse cookie cutter and cut out your pretzels.
- Dip each pretzel into the baking soda solution so entire thing is covered, and place on a grease baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in oven for 5-6 minutes until brown.
Some of my friends are also going to be at Disney the same time we are there. We decided to get together and each share a Disney inspired recipe. Don’t these all look delish?!?!
Pineapple Dole Whips from Around My Family Table
Mickey Mouse Strawberry Pastries from Pink Cake Plate
Cheesy Bacon Potatoes Inspired by Chef Mickey’s from Brought to You by Mom
Mickey’s Churro Cookies from As The Bunny Hops
Peanut Butter & Jelly Milkshake (50’s Prime Time Cafe) from How Does Your Garden Grow?
Chocolate Dipped Mickey Krispie Treat from Mom Endeavors
Mickey Soft Pretzels from Liz on Call
Cape May Cafe Breakfast Pizza from See Vanessa Craft
Olaf’a White Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Marshmellows from It’s a Lovely Life!
BB-8 Cupcakes from Desert Chica
Churro Rice Crispy Treats from Cute as a Fox
Do you have a favorite place to eat when you visit Disney Parks? What is the one food you HAVE to get while you are there?
Make sure and check out all these fab recipes. Which one will you make?
Here are some other Disney inspired foods: