I cut my papers into strips. The size and number of strips will vary depending on what size medallion you want. I’m demonstrating an 8″ medallion, so I need (3) 4″ x 12″ strips of paper.
Fold paper strips in an accordian fold that is between 1/4″ to 1/2″ wide. Then glue the ends of the strips together using your glue stick. You want to make a complete circle with your strips, so when you glue the last two ends, glue them with the pattern of the paper on the outside (as shown).
Your accordion circle should look like this. Then using both hands (I’m only using one), gather the top of the accordion circle and push down toward the center, extending the rest of the medallion. It will try to flip back up at you, so I cut out a circle from my paper and hot glued it to the back of my medallion.
To complete my Valentine’s look, I put red and pink items in my apothecary jars and topped them with these large conversational hearts that my mother in law gave me a few years ago. She also made me a Valentine table topper that goes perfect with the decor.
- Zodiak Star Signs Free Cut Files
- Free Farm Cut Files
- Free Funny Thanksgiving Cut Files
- Greeting Card Organizer Box
- School Fuel Tumbler SVG
- 10 Birthday Gifts to Make with Cricut Joy
- Cricut Projects for Beginners
- Peter Pan Inspired DIY Disney Shirt
- DIY Tissue Paper Flower Tutorial Teacher Appreciation
- DIY Hot Chocolate Bar Sign
- Halloween Coloring Page
- Easy Mickey Mouse Shirt Tutorial