This cheese ball recipe is really easy and delicious. Mini cheese balls are the perfect appetizer for your holiday party entertaining.
Are you planning on entertaining this holiday season? I love entertaining and hosting parties, especially during the holidays. On New Year’s Eve we like to get together to play games and eat yummy food. Usually we like to do appetizer style food. Appetizer are just so fun! I like that everything is smaller size so that everyone can try it all! And am I the only one that feels less guilty about all the eating when the portion sizes are smaller? 😉
To make my mini cheese balls I used a cookie scoop to scoop equal size portions of the cheese mixture to roll them into 1 – 2 inch size cheese balls. I love pecans. So that is what this cheese ball recipe calls for. You could substitute any nut that you like for the outside coating. Crushed crackers or bread crumbs would work as a nut free alternative.
This cheese ball recipe can make 1 large cheese ball, two medium size cheese balls, but these mini cheese balls are the perfect individual serving size.
On average, these mini cheese balls take about 6 bites before they are devoured. But you could pop the whole thing in your mouth if you were really daring.
- 2 (8 oz) blocks cream cheese - softened
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions - finely chopped
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl and with a hand mixer beat the cream cheese and grated cheese together.
- Add green onions, lemon juice and garlic powder and blend until all combined.
- Scoop or drop cheese into 1 - 2 inch size balls and place on a tray.
- Roll mini cheese balls in chopped pecans.
- Let chill in fridge until ready to serve.
- -I like to make them the day before I serve them.
- ** This can also be made into one large cheese ball or 2 medium cheese balls.**
Cheese balls are always a hit with my family. Here are some of our other favorites.
What are some of your family favorite appetizers?