Get the kids involved in the kitchen this summer making these beach ball donuts.
One of my favorite places to vacation is the beach. And really, any beach will do. The sun, the water and the waves are all I need. Luckily my kids love the beach too. And we actually have one last beach vacation planned for this year and I can not wait! Inspired by our upcoming trip, my love of snacks and super cute food, I thought it’d be fun to make these yummy beach ball donuts with the kids. I mean what kid doesn’t love donuts and those mini umbrellas right?!?!
These beach ball donuts are super easy to make and can be made in 30 minutes. I just started out with some store bought donut holes. I mean who wants to heat up their kitchen during the summer to make donuts. The vanilla melting bark is just melted in the microwave and is ready in about 2 minutes. Just follow the instructions on the package to melt the candy. Dip the donut holes into the vanilla candy, gently shake off any extra candy, and then while still wet, let the kids sprinkle on their favorite color of sprinkles to make the colors for the beach ball. Set them on a piece of parchment paper to set up. I stuck mine in the fridge for about 5 minutes to harden.
To create the beach for our beach ball donuts, I used a box of graham cracker crumbs (you can find them in the baking aisle) and covered a plate with our graham cracker sand. I used a mini snickers bar as a base to hold up my umbrella and buried it in the crumbs. Then I set the beach ball donuts on the beach!
- 12 glazed donut holes
- 1 package vanilla melting bark (baking aisle)
- colored sugar sprinkles
- 1 box graham cracker crumbs
- 12 mini chocolate candy bars
- 12 drink umbrellas
- parchment paper
- Following the directions on the package, melt vanilla candy.
- Dip donut holes into candy and cover completely.
- Shake off any extra candy and sprinkle colored sugar in striped pattern.
- Place on parchment to harden.
- Cover plate with graham cracker crumbs.
- Stick umbrella in a mini chocolate bar and cover with cracker crumbs
- Add beach ball donut to "beach"
They turned out so fun! And the kids couldn’t just stop at one beach ball donut. They wanted to cover their beaches in beach balls! Ha ha!
If you have 30 minutes and your kids love helping in the kitchen, this is one project I’m sure they would love to make!
If you happen to be heading to the beach, I’ve got a printable beach fun bucket list to help create some fun memories with your family.
Happy boredom busting!
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Christmas Punch
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Watermelon Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- How To Make Simple Syrup
- Easy Churro Dessert Board
- Non Alcoholic Moscow Mule Mocktail Recipe
- Fruit Punch Recipe
- Holiday Party Punch Recipe
- Baked Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- Disney Inspired Mickey Mouse Soft Pretzels
- Green Velvet Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting