Our family is big into Marvel movies. And we are so excited for Avengers Campus to open up at California Adventure in Disneyland. To help get us all excited about all things Marvel, I got together with some other Marvel fans and we each created a Marvel Inspired Freakshake. Get all the details about how to create this Captain America Freakshake at home.
Creating a little Disney magic at home is one of my favorite things to do. I tend to go through Disney withdrawls and doing this helps me a lot. Freakshakes are not something I make a lot, but every once in awhile it sure is fun to wow the family with one of these crazy shakes! They loved this Marvel Inspired Freakshake, but they also loved the Mickey Mouse Freak Shake and the Up Freakshake.
Once I knew I wanted to make a Captain America shake for my Marvel inspired freakshake, I had to include the iconic shield. The shield came together with the use of some white coating candy, blue sprinkles, a star cookie cutter and a stroop waffle.
Captain America Freakshake
For this Captain America Freakshake, you can really use any type of delicious, crazy treats to top this classic strawberry shake. I found as much red, white and blue candy as I could that I thought would really make this shake awesome.
I wanted to add some blue to the glass since the shake was going to be red. White frosting and blue jimmy sprinkles were the trick. I frosted the outside top of the glass and rolled it in the jimmies. Also, white candy melts are so easy and versatile. I drizzled some inside the cup before pouring the shake inside.
Since I wanted to showcase the shield as a focal point, I added a slice of angel food cake to the top of the glass and then used some frosting to attach the shield to the cake. Add some whip cream and a few red and blue pop rock candies.
- 4 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- red food coloring
- vanilla frosting
- white candy melts
- blue jimmy sprinkles
- angel food cake
- whipped cream
- red and blue pop rocks
- stroop waffle
- red and blue candy (any kind you like)
- Cover the outside of the glass with vanilla frosting.
- Add blue jimmy sprinkles to the frosting and set aside.
- Melt the white candy melts in a plastic piping bag following microwave instructions.
- Add a couple lines of white candy melts to inside of glass
- Dip stroop waffle into candy melts and shake off excess.
- Use a star cookie cutter as a guide and add blue sprinkles to the center to create the star on the shield.
- Blend together ice cream, red food coloring (just a couple drops) and milk and pour into prepared glass.
- Top the glass with a slice of angel food cake.
- Use vanilla frosting and attach the stroop waffle shield to the side of the angel food cake.
- Add whipped cream and pop rock candy to the top.
- Add any additional candy that fits the Captain America theme.
I know I’m not the only one that loves bringing Disney magic home, and these ladies killed it with their Marvel Freakshakes!
Thor-rific Peanut Butter Shake from Disneyland Tour Guide
And this Black Panther shake from A Night Owl Blog.
These are all amazing and I can’t wait to make them for the kids this summer!
If you were to make a crazy shake of your favorite Marvel Character, who would you choose?
- Happily Ever After Cut File
- Free Circus Cut Files
- How To Draw A Pumpkin Free Printable
- Pineapple Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- Free Valentine’s Day Printable Banner
- Pomegranate Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- Space Rocket Coloring Pages
- Let’s Sleep Under The Stars Free Camping SVG File
- Squad Goals DIY Disney Shirts
- Mickey Mouse Freak Shake
- Cranberry Limeade Recipe
- Printable Snoopy Dog House Kid Craft