You won’t even miss the meat when you dive into this grilled portobello mushroom burger.
Summer is in full swing. Which means it’s time to bust out the grill! We probably use our grill once a week in the summer time. Normally we do the usual hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill, but every once in awhile it’s fun to try something new. To get out of our normal hamburger rut, I decided it would be fun to try a grilled portobello mushroom burger.
I invited my family over to be my taste testers for these burgers. My dad decided that sautéed onions would be a great addition. So we cooked some up as our mushroom caps were marinating. Once our portobello mushroom burgers were done cooking, we built our burgers, each putting on it what we wanted. We had tomatoes, lettuce, sautéed onions, mayo, mustard and we decided a sprinkle of salt and pepper on the tomatoes were a great addition.
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- 1 TBL olive oil (I used garlic infused olive oil)
- 3 TBL Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 TBL butter
- Add 1 TBL olive oil and 3 TBL balsamic vinaigrette to a gallon size plastic zip bag.
- Wipe off mushroom caps with a damp cloth and place into the zip bag with the marinade.
- Let marinate for 20-30 minutes and move it the mushroom caps around to make sure they are all coated.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Place 2 TBL butter in a saute pan and thinly slice onion.
- Saute onions in pan over medium high heat.
- Once cooked turn off heat.
- Place mushroom caps on hot grill, starting gill side down.
- Close lid and cook for 4 minutes.
- Flip to other side and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add a slice of cheese to each mushroom cap and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and build your burger.
These burgers were so hearty that we didn’t even miss the meat. Everyone gave the portobello mushroom burger a thumbs up!
Are you constantly at your grill in the summer too? Here are 10 + grilling ideas that I think you are going to love. Make sure and check out all these delicious recipes.
Grilled Garlic-Dijon Chicken & Grapes from Bread Booze Bacon
Grilled Apples a la Mode from I Heart Eating
Grilled Chicken Wings from Kleinworth & Co.
Grilled Peaches and Arugula Pizza from Cooking with Curls
Grilled BBQ Bacon and Shrimp Skewers from Home.Made.Interest.
Balsamic Chicken with Peaches and Prosciutto from The Creative Bite
Grilled Pineapple Coconut Sundaes from Celebrating Sweets
Grilled Watermelon Frozen Margaritas from Nomegeddon
Egg Bake Breakfast Foil Packets from Julie’s Eats & Treats
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers from Liz on Call
Grilled Steak with Garlic Butter Sauce from Around My Family Table
What is your favorite thing to grill?
- Happily Ever After Cut File
- Free Circus Cut Files
- How To Draw A Pumpkin Free Printable
- Greeting Card Organizer Box
- Free Lemon Cut Files
- Got Candy Halloween SVG File
- Free Halloween Printable Banner
- Free Printable Travel I Spy
- Easy 4th of July Desserts
- Mini Mickey Mouse Pizza
- Free Printable Birthday Card and A Giveaway
- Sparkling Grapefruit Party Punch – Mother’s Day Brunch Idea