Did you know that May is national hamburger month? Well I didn’t know that until recently. It kind of makes sense since we are headed into grilling season! Today I’ve got a recipe for burger fans that you can make in 15 Minutes! This spicy green chile cowboy burger will surely wake up your BBQ guests with a kick to the taste buds.
Whenever I’m trying to come up with something new for a recipe, I tend to call my dad. In the last couple years, he has become a good cook. He likes to experiment and try new things. So when I told him I wanted to make a gourmet hamburger in 15 minutes, he was game. What helped in accomplishing our goal were premade hamburger patties. We had purchased most of our ingredients by the time we hit the meat counter and my dad spotted these patties that were filled with jalapeno, bacon and cheese. My husband is a fan of spicy and he was in for a treat! We bought regular hamburger patties for those of us that don’t love spicy as much.
We also decided to add the normal lettuce and tomato to our burger, but add some avocado to cool down the spicy a little.
We went looking for some green chile salsa and saw a lot of tomatillo salsas. We finally found this chile verde salsa. We got a kick out of the name!
We put our burgers on a medium high grill for about 4 minutes. Then we flipped them over and let them cook for about 2 minutes then we topped them with the green chile verde salsa and a piece of pepper jack. We let the pepper jack cheese melt then removed them from the grill. You can see we were toasting our ciabatta rolls at the same time.
- 4 premade hamburger patties
- 4 hamburger buns (your favorite kind)
- 5-6 strips of bacon
- chile verde salsa (or green chiles)
- sliced pepper jack cheese
- chipotle mayo (or regular mayo)
- Turn your grill to medium high
- Lay a couple sheets of paper towel on a plate. Place bacon on paper towel. Cover bacon with 2 more sheets of paper towel. Put in microwave for 3 minutes.
- While bacon is cooking, place burgers on grill.
- For the 4-5 minutes burgers are cooking on first side, wash and cut lettuce, tomato and avocado.
- Remove bacon from microwave.
- Flip burgers over to cook for another 4-5 minutes (it depends on the thickness of your patties.)
- Slice hamburgers buns if needed and place on grill to toast.
- Spoon chile verde salsa onto burgers and top with a slice of pepper jack cheese.
- Remove buns from grill.
- Once cheese is melted, remove burger from grill and assemble burger.
- Put mayo on bottom of bun and top with avocado, burger, bacon, lettuce tomato and then more mayo and cover with the top bun. Ready to eat!
My dad has chipotle mayo on hand so that is what we used. This burger is spicy enough on it’s own and doesn’t need chipotle mayo but if you have it, or you like it, I say go for it! I couldn’t believe our luck in finding those hamburger patties with jalapeno and bacon already made. But even with a regular patty, these hamburgers are delicious!
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Green Chile Stuffed Burgers from Around My Family Table
- Spicy Hot Wing Burger from Cute as a Fox
- Greek-style Gourmet Burgers from Better in Bulk
- Pimento Cheese Burger from Jen’s Journey
- Spicy Green Chile Cowboy Burger from Liz on Call
- Sprouts & Avocado Burger from Upstate Ramblings
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Burgers from Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Black Bean Burgers from East Valley Mom Guide
- Southwestern Bacon Cheeseburgers with Guacamole from Mom Endeavors
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Watermelon Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- How To Make Simple Syrup
- Blackberry Mojito Mocktail Recipe
- Fruit Punch Recipe
- Arizona Sunset Mocktail Party Punch
- Purple Ombre Cake
- White Cranberry Peach Lemonade
- Chocolate Covered Twinkies on a Stick
- Shamrock Party Punch
- Cranberry Limeade Recipe