Simple Syrup is an ingredient used in many drink recipes and is really easy to make. Learn How To Make Simple Syrup and how to use it.
If you are new here, there is something you should know about me. I LOVE a good drink. I’m talking, kids drinks, holiday drinks, mocktails and party punches.
In fact I have a ton of easy party punch recipes I think you need to try today! Even though all my party punch recipes are non-alcoholic, they are still delicious and easy.
And one of the main reasons why is because I use simple, easy to find ingredients. Like making my own simple syrup. It’s especially nice to have handy when you like your drinks a little sweeter.
What is Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is a sugar and water mixture used in mocktails, cocktails, coffee drinks and more. It’s basically sugar in liquid form.
A traditional mixture is equal parts sugar and water. But if you’re looking for a richer, thicker simple syrup (it’s sweeter too) use 2 parts sugar to 1 part water.
I use traditional simple syrup in many of my drink recipes. But I do use the rich simple syrup in my lemonade mix. It’s so good!
How To Make Simple Syrup
There are a few ways to make this. You can make it on the stove, which I usually do so I can make it faster. Or you can just add the ingredients together and give it time.
I like to add the ingredients to a small sauce pan and heat them up, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Then just let it cool to room temperature before using in your recipe of transferring to an air tight container to store in the fridge for a couple weeks.
You could also add the sugar and water together and wait for the sugar to dissolve in the water on it’s own. Probably 15-20 minutes. Then use that in your drinks and again store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Add water and sugar to small pot
- Heat on medium high and stir as sugar dissolves
- Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and let cool
- Store in fridge up to 2 -3 weeks.
For a richer syrup, use 2 cups sugar and 1 cup water - this is perfect for lemonades
Drinks that use Simple Syrup
Ready to try your hand at dink mixing? Here are my favorite drinks that use simple syrup.
The Best Party Punch – Raspberry Crush
Blackberry Mojito (This is the one shown in the pictures)
So which of these drinks will you be making first? I can’t wait to hear.
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Louisiana Lemonade Recipe
- Mickey Churro Cookies Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Copycat Disneyland Mint Julep Recipe
- Valentine Party Punch Recipe
- Fruit Punch Recipe
- Easy Pink Party Punch Recipe
- Mini Mickey Mouse Pizza
- Sparkling Grapefruit Party Punch – Mother’s Day Brunch Idea
- Raspberry Crush – the Best Party Punch Recipe
- How to make Buttermilk Syrup if you don’t have Buttermilk