This lemonade mix is the perfect base for any easy lemonade recipe. It’s great for regular lemonade, or to use for creating some delicious varieties.
A couple weeks ago my kids and I went over to my grandparent’s house to help pick some of the lemons off their tree. We came home with 16 plastic grocery bags of lemons!! They were really good lemons too. I borrowed my mom’s juicer and the kids and I got to work on juicing lemons. After the 4th bag I thought it might be a good idea to do something fun with all the fresh lemon juice. I came across this fresh lemonade recipe from Paula Deen and thought I could use it to make some lemonade mix concentrate.
I wanted to mix up a couple of batches of lemonade mix that I could keep in my refrigerator or freezer and thought it would be fun to gift to our neighbors and friends.
The lemonade mix concentrate fits perfectly in a quart size mason jar. I thought it was more fun than making more lemon juice ice cubes or just freezing the lemon juice in plastic bags.
Since I was going to be giving some of the lemonade mix away as a gift, I wanted to make sure they knew what it was, how to make the lemonade and of course wanted it to be cute! I made these tags to attach to the jars that I was giving away as gifts. You can download these tags using the link below.
I cut a 6 inch circle out of some fabric to place over the lid of the jar and tied my tags onto the jar with with some bakers twine.
A perfect gift to brighten up someones day!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- Add sugar and water to small sauce pan over medium high heat.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Turn off heat and let cool.
- Once cooled, add lemon juice.
- Pour into a mason jar and store in refrigerator until use.
- Or keep in gallon size ziploc bag in freezer.
- When ready to serve, add 1 gallon water.
If you are ready for fresh lemonade, all you have to do is add the mix to 1 gallon of water and pour over ice!
It really is the best lemonade I’ve ever had. It’s not too sweet and not too tart. It’s the perfect balance.
I love having this lemonade mix on hand. It’s so easy to pull out of the freezer and mix up with a gallon of water to have with dinner. I’m sure it will be making many appearances on our table this summer!
If you love a good non alcoholic beverage, I’ve got a few to share:
- I Love Halftime Free Super Bowl Printable
- How To Draw A Pumpkin Free Printable
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- 100 Days of School Printables
- Valentine Party Punch Recipe
- Holiday Party Punch Recipe
- Boo’tackular Halloween Gift Tags
- Black Magic Halloween Party Punch Recipe
- Love you to the Moon and Back Free Printable
- Raspberry Crush – the Best Party Punch Recipe
- Simple Thank You Gift Idea
- Valentine’s Day Cookie Bouquet