Sign up to bring dessert to your next potluck and make this strawberry lemonade poke cake. It’s the perfect refreshing dessert for those summer bar-b-cues.
It’s strawberry season!! And I am loving it. I love fresh berries in the summer. When it’s so hot outside, I crave light and refreshing things. Two things that fit the categories of light and refreshing are strawberries and lemonade. Strawberry lemonade is one of our favorite summer drinks, so I thought we should give it a try in dessert form. This strawberry lemonade poke cake turned out so good. Light and refreshing with the perfect amounts of sweet and tart. I made this for a family get together and they loved it! It’s a great dessert to serve a crowd at an outdoor gathering.
It’s really easy to make since you start off with a boxed cake mix. It’s got lots of strawberry flavor with strawberry jello and fresh strawberries on the cake. Plus it’s kept in the fridge until ready to serve so it’s nice and cool for those warm nights.
- 1 lemon box cake mix
- Ingredients to make cake per package directions (eggs, water, oil, etc.)
- 1 (3 oz) package strawberry jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cold water
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 TBL veg. oil
- 1 TBL water
- 1 (8 oz) container cool whip thawed
- Bake cake in a 9x13 pan according to package directions.
- Let cool for 15 minutes then poke with a meat fork at about 1/2 inch intervals.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water in a a small bowl, stirring constantly.
- Once gelatin is dissolved, add cold water and pour slowly over entire cake.
- Let chill in fridge for about 45 - 60 minutes.
- Mix with a hand mixer powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, veg. oil, and water until all combined and you have a glaze like consistency.
- Slowly spread over the top of the cake.
- Cover glaze layer with sliced strawberries.
- Cover the top with cool whip.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Are you crushing on strawberries right now too? Check out these amazing strawberry recipes that my friends are sharing. Don’t they look so delicious? Make sure and stop by their blogs to see how they made all these delicious summer strawberry recipes.
Strawberry Caprese Salad from Bread Booze Bacon
Strawberry Napoleons from Kleinworth & Co.
Strawberry Shortcake from Cooking with Curls
No Bake Strawberry Summer Cake from Home.Made.Interest
Strawberry-Raspberry Lime Chia Jam from Frugal Foodie Mama
Strawberry Cheesecake Icebox Cake from Julie’s Eats & Treats
Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake from Liz on Call
Strawberry Fluff from Around My Family Table
Strawberry Mango Salsa from A Simple Pantry
Do you have a favorite strawberry recipe?