This cookies & cream poke cake is an easy dessert to make if you need a quick treat for a family get together. And it feeds a lot of people.
When it comes to bringing something to a family gathering, I usually opt for a dessert. I think that one, everybody loves a good dessert, and two, there are so many options when it comes to making a dessert that can feed a lot of people.
I was cruising the baking aisle one day in my Kroger store and spotted a box of Oreo brand cookies and cream instant pudding mix. As soon as I saw that, I knew that my next dessert would be a cookies and cream poke cake. I grabbed the box of pudding, along with a basic chocolate cake mix, and headed over to the cookies aisle. The ingredients to make this cake really don’t cost a lot and I knew that it could feed at least 15 people. We were planning on having dinner with my family the next day and I told my mom I wanted to bring dessert.
This cookies and cream poke cake was a huge hit with everyone! Kids and adults scarfed this cake down and most of them had seconds. Like I said, it can feed a lot of people.
Cookies & Cream Poke Cake
- 1 boxed chocolate cake mix
- oil, eggs, water – whatever is called for on the cake box
- 1 (4.5 oz) box Oreo cookies and cream instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz cool whip – thawed
- 10 Oreo cookies crushed
- Bake chocolate cake according to package directions. (for 9×13 pan)
- While still warm, poke holes in the top of the cake with end of a wooden spoon.
- Mix pudding and milk together.
- As soon as it starts to thicken, pour over prepared cake and spread over entire top, making sure to get some into the holes.
- Let the cake chill for at least an hour.
- Spread cool whip over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreos over the top of the cake.
- Chill cake until ready to serve.
I’m not even a big fan of chocolate cake, but with the addition of the cookies and cream pudding and cool whip, I thought there was a good balance and it wasn’t too chocolatey for me.
Here are some other yummy dessert recipes that can feed a crowd.