This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpooktacularSnacks #CollectiveBias
You may know that we love sweet treats around here. During the holidays it seems like I’m always baking up something. I don’t mind baking, in fact I really like to bake. But sometimes I just don’t want to turn the oven on. That is why I love these no bake chocolate cream bars.
These chocolate cream bars are full of creamy chocolaty goodness and the crust is something you would never expect! Here are all the ingredients you’ll need for this no bake treat.
Yep! There is Count Chocula® cereal in these no bake chocolate cream bars. It made a really yummy crust. And topped with cream cheese, chocolate mousse and whipped topping, it really was a Spooktacular Snack! To get started I had my kids go through the box of cereal and take out all the marshmallow pieces and put all the chocolate cereal into a plastic bag. Of course they loved eating all the marshmallows as they completed their task. 🙂
To create the crust for this no bake sweet treat, I mixed the cereal pieces with melted butter and patted the crumbs into a 9×13 pan. Then as I continued to create the layers of these no bake chocolate cream bars, I chilled the bars in the fridge between each layer. Finally let it chill in the fridge for a couple hours until I was ready to serve it. You can even make this the day before and it will be great!
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Count Chocula Cereal
- 6 TBL melted butter
- Cream Layer
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 oz) tub whipped topping thawed
- Chocolate Mousse Layer
- 1 (6 oz) box instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 (8 oz) tub whipped topping thawed
- 1/2 (8 oz) tub whipped topping thawed
- mini chocolate chips/crushed cereal/crushed chocolate candies
- In a bowl mix together crushed cereal with melted butter.
- Pour into a 9×13 pan and pat down to create crust.
- Put in fridge to chill while you make the next layer.
- In a mixing bowl cream together sugar and cream cheese until well combined.
- Gently mix in 1/2 an 8 oz tub of whipped topping.
- Fold in remaining whipped topping until well combined.
- Gently spread out on top of the chocolate cereal crust.
- *It can pull up the crust, so go slowly and carefully.
- Chill in fridge while you make the next layer.
- Whisk together the chocolate pudding and half and half until it is all combined and pudding starts to thicken up.
- Fold in 1/2 tub whipped topping.
- Spread on to cream layer.
- Chill in fridge for about 5 minutes.
- Use remaining whipped topping to cover the top of the chocolate cream bars.
- Sprinkle with more crushed cereal, marshmallows, mini chocolate chips, crushed chocolate candy.
- Chill in fridge for a few hours until ready to serve.
What’s is really super fun about Count Chocula this year, if you buy Boo Berry® and Franken Berry®, each box has a piece to a castle that when cut out, can be put together to create some fun play for the kids!
These boxes, with the castle pieces on the back, are only available at Target. I found them on one of the end caps in the grocery section of my Target.
While we waited for our chocolate cream bars to chill in the fridge, I cut out all the pieces for our castle out of the boxes.
I cut out all the pieces along the dotted lines and folded the main castle piece along the fold lines. My son and I had fun putting together the castle. I put the main castle together, while he put the characters and candelabra together. Then he and my daughter played with the castle and characters. Of course my daughter was Frankenberry because he was pink. I just love listening kids using their imagination.
Sweat treats and an afternoon crafting with the kids was a welcome break in our after school routine.
If you are looking for more recipe ideas for spectacular snacks or sweet treats, check out Betty Crocker. I’m sure you’ll find something you and your kids will love!