Whenever my family gets together there is always good food. During the summer we try to get together for holidays, BBQs and swim parties. I love trying new recipes on my family to see what they think. I made these red, white and blueberry cream pie bars recently and they were a hit!
Starting with Memorial Day in May, I am all about the red, white and blue. These blueberry cream pie bars are just so perfect for the for that summer theme. I wish I could call it a no bake dessert, because who really wants to be baking in the summer, but you only have to bake the crust. This dessert is cool and creamy and and full of fruity blueberry flavor.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine – room temp.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Layer one:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese – room temp.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6-8 ounces cool whip
- Layer 2:
- 2 cans blueberry pie filling
- Layer 3:
- 8 ounce container of cool whip
- fresh berries to garnish
- For the crust:
- Mix together all ingredients until crumbly.
- Pat into a 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- For layer 1:
- Mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Fold in 6-8 ounces of cool whip.
- Gently spread over the crust.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- For layer 2:
- Spread blueberry pie filling over the cream cheese layer.
- For layer 3:
- Spread top with cool whip and garnish with berries.
- Refrigerate before serving.
My one tip for this dessert would be to use cool whip brand whipped topping and not a generic brand. It’s delicious and will be a hit with your party crowd!
Here are some other easy desserts, perfect for summer:
4 ingredient Patriotic cheesecake shortcakes