These chocolate covered twinkies on a stick are so fun and easy to make. They are an easy treat to make with the kids, for a birthday party, special occasion or just for fun.
So I have a confession to make. I LOVE twinkies! We grew up eating twinkies on road trips and on vacations, because my mom loves twinkies too. A twinkie and a cold pepsi are the perfect combination. I’m just saying, if you haven’t tried it, you should!
I try not to eat them very often, but I like to indulge every once in awhile. 🙂 So when I heard that there was an actual day dedicated to food on a stick, I thought what better food to eat off a stick than a twinkie!! These chocolate covered twinkies on a stick were a hit with me and the kids! They especially loved all the fun toppings.
These are easy enough that the kids can help make them too. The chocolate or candy coating is just melted in the microwave and the twinkies get covered with the candy. The kids can help put on the sprinkles or crush the cookies for the top. I know my kids are always wanting to help me in the kitchen. So this was a perfect treat for that. And of course they love to enjoy the finished product too!
- 1 box twinkies
- 1 package chocolate or white chocolate melting candy (or chocolate bark)
- crushed oreos (optional for topping)
- paper straws
- parchment paper
- Melt candy bark according to package instructions.
- Unwrap twinkies.
- Dip tip of straw into melted candy and stick into the end of the twinkie.
- Place on parchment paper on a tray.
- Stick tray in fridge for about 3 minutes.
- Dip twinkie in melted candy and cover using a spoon if necessary.
- Gently shake off excess candy and place on parchment.
- Sprinkle on toppings before candy sets up.
These chocolate covered twinkies on a stick would make great party favors or a simple gift for a friend with a sweet tooth. I love these cellophane bags. I always have them on had to throw together a simple gift or treat.
Are you a twinkie fan like me? It’s ok. You can tell me. It’ll be our secret! 🙂
Here are more fun food ideas on a stick you and your family might enjoy.