This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Shamrock Farms. The opinions and text are all mine.
Change up your traditional lasagna recipe with this Easy White Vegetable Lasagna. You won’t miss the meat with this recipe, packed with vegetables and protein.
Dinner time can be such a hassle some days. Trying to make not only dishes that my family will love, but that provide them with some good nutrition aren’t always easy to come by. Especially when each member of the family has specific tastes and preferences.
One of my kids is not a huge meat eater. She likes chicken nuggets and tacos, but that’s about the extent of her meat intake. We are always trying to find things she likes that provide her the protein she needs.
And to be honest, I’m always trying to find new ways to get my kids to eat vegetables. Are my kids the only ones that seem to have an averision to them?
Trying to solve 2 problems with one recipe, I thought a vegetable lasagna just might do the trick. The kids will get the vegetables they need, and I can find a way to get my daughter the protein she needs.
Easy White Vegetable Lasagna
Growing up here in Arizona, Shamrock Farms dairy products were a staple at our house. I don’t remember a time that I didn’t see that brand in the grocery stores. What makes Shamrock Farms so good is its proven three-generation hand-crafted approach to making the purest freshest products.
Shamrock Farms milk is locally sourced from its own family farm – getting from the farm to your family in as little as two days. So I always know I’m getting the freshest products with Shamrock Farms.
I’ve always loved using cottage cheese in my traditional lasagna recipes. When I decided to make a vegetable lasagna, I knew we wouldn’t miss the protein from the meat, since there would be plenty of protein in the cottage cheese. Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese is a healthy, protein-packed dairy option providing a powerful 13 grams of protein and 110 mg of calcium per serving.
- 2 TBL olive oil
- 2 small zuccini
- 2 small yellow squash
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 8 oz baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 box oven ready lasagna noodles
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 3-4 cups shredded mozarella cheese
- 2 cups alfredo sauce (your favorite brand)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Dice/chop zuccini, squash, mushrooms and onion.
- Add olive oil to large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add chopped vegetables to hot oil and saute.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to vegetables.
- When vegetables begin to soften, add spinach and mix until spinach wilts.
- Turn off heat when spinach is wilted and vegetables are cooked, and set to the side.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta, cottage cheese and 1 cup of mozarella.
- Add 1/4 sauce to bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish and spread evenly.
- Add 3 oven ready lasagna noodles.
- Spread 1/3 cottage cheese mixture on top of noodles.
- Cover with 1/2 vegetable mixture and 1/4 cup sauce.
- Layer 3 more noodles over vegetable and sauce.
- Spread 1/3 cottage cheese mixture over top of noodles and 1 cup of mozarella.
- Cover cheese with 1/4 - 1/2 cup sauce.
- Layer 3 more noodles over cheese layer.
- Add remaining cottage cheese mixture and rest of the vegetables.
- Add top 3 lasagna noodles over vegetables.
- Add remaining sauce to cover the noodles and top with rest of the shredded mozarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
Use oven ready lasagna so there is no need to cook pasta before putting lasagna together.
Pasta will expand while baking, so don't worry if they don't fill the entire layer.
Use a slotted spoon when adding vegetable mixture to keep liquid out of the lasagna.
This easy white vegetable lasagna recipe is such a great base recipe for making any lasagna. Easily change up the vegetables for ones that your family loves. If alfredo sauce isn’t your favorite. Substitute your favorite marinara sauce. There are so many ways to mix it up, and still have a delicious lasagna your family will enjoy.
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- School Subject Labels with Cricut Maker 3
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Pineapple Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- Valentine Party Punch Recipe
- Non Alcoholic Moscow Mule Mocktail Recipe
- Purple Birthday Party
- How to Make a Custom T-Shirt with the Cricut Explore Air 2
- Holiday Party Punch Recipe
- Mini Mickey Mouse Pizza
- Raspberry Crush – the Best Party Punch Recipe
- How to make Buttermilk Syrup if you don’t have Buttermilk