If you’re looking for some Disney food and fun at home, these Mickey Churro Cookies will help bring the Disney magic to your home.
It’s no secret that we love Disney around here. We love going to Disneyland or Disney World and my kids favorite vacation just might be a cruise on the “Mickey Boat”.
We always book our Disney travel with our friends at Get Away Today. They have amazing customer service, discounted tickets to Disneyland, great hotel rates, layaway options and more. And if you want to book a hotel and ticket package to Disneyland with them, you can use the code LIZONCALL to save an additional $10 on your trip.
Yes we love to vacation Disney style. But we also love to find some Disney magic at home as well. We like to make Disney crafts. Or have Disney themed parties. And I really love to make Disney inspired recipes.
Disney food is some of my favorites. And really anything Mickey shaped is just so much more fun to eat! A stop to the Candy Palace on Main Street is a must when we visit the park.
We love seeing the beautiful treats in the display case. It’s so hard to choose just one item to buy. So we usually buy more than one.
You can find the Mickey Churro Cookies in Disneyland usually at Candy Palace and Pooh’s Corner in Disneyland. At Marceline’s Confectionary in Downtown Diseny. And at Trolley Treats and Bing Bongs in California Adventure.
But sometimes you just can’t make it to Disney and still want a magical treat. And these Mickey churro cookies are just perfect for that kind of occasion.
Mickey Churro Cookies
Making sugar cookies really is a labor of love. Mixing the dough. Rolling out the dough. Cutting out the cookies and then baking all of them is just the tip of the Mickey Churro Cookies ice berg. You still have to frost them all!
It really sounds like a lot. I know! But once you get in a grove of making these cookies, you will be so happy with the delicious result, you’ll want to make them for everyone!
- 3 sticks butter - softened
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBL vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 stick butter - softened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6 TBL milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar for cookies until light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla and eggs and mix until combined.
3. Sift together dry ingredients and add to mixer.
4. Mix until combined and dough starts to pull away from the sides.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
5. Place dough into plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
6. Flour clean flat surface and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick.
7. Cut out cookies using Mickey cookie cutter.
8. Place cookies onto cookie sheet.
9. Bake for 9 -12 minutes. Until just barely golden on the bottom.
10. Remove from baking sheet after about 2 minutes and let cool on rack.
11. Make frosting by adding all ingredients to a mixer with a whisk attachemnt.
12. If frosting is too thick add a little more milk a tsp at a time. Too thin, add more powdered sugar.
13. Add frosting to a piping bag or ziploc baggie.
14. Cut tip of bag and pipe swirls onto cookies.
15. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture to finish off cookie.
Depending on the size of Mickey cookie cutter you use, will make a difference on how many cookies you will get out of one batch. Smaller cookie cutters will get you about 3 dozen cookies. And Larger cookie cutters will get you 2 dozen. Here is a great set of Mickey Cookie Cutters you might like.
We just love creating Disney magic at home with Disney inspired recipes. Check out more recipes from the parks and inspired by the parks below.
If you want to get to Disneyland and try the Mickey churro cookies from Candy Palace, don’t pay full price for those tickets! Click the link below to get your discounted tickets. And then if you book a hotel as well, you can use the code for additional savings.
But even if you don’t make it to the park, at least you’ll have something delicious and fun to enjoy at home! I’m telling you, these are so good!
Find my Disney Instagram page DisneyFoodNFun to see all the latest food and fun happening in the parks. As well as more travel tips and what Liz recommends.
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Louisiana Lemonade Recipe
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Pineapple Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- Fruit Punch Recipe
- Mickey Mouse Freak Shake
- Tropical Breeze Party Punch
- White Cranberry Peach Lemonade
- Raspberry Crush – the Best Party Punch Recipe
- Lemonade Mix
- Sunshine Berry Spritzer – Non Alcoholic Brunch Party Punch Recipe