Disney fans will love this Mickey Mouse munch mix. It’s perfect for Disney themed parties or just for fun!
It is no secret that I am a fan of all things Disney! You may have seen a post or two where I share my love of Disney through parties, food, t-shirts or tips for planning Disney trips. I am sure any Disney fan will find something they love looking through my Disney posts.
Last week I hosted a fun playdate for my preschool aged daughter and some of her friends. Lots of fun was had by both the kids and the moms. I tend to go a little over the top, even for a simple playdate. I decided to make a yummy snack to show my love of Mickey Mouse. This Mickey Mouse munch mix just happened to be the hit of the playdate (and not with the kids 😉 ).
When I started thinking of putting this Mickey Mouse munch mix together I knew I needed to find some Mickey Mouse pretzels. I’m sure regular pretzels would work, but like I said, I tend to go over the top. I found these Mickey Mouse pretzels from Amazon and they were at my door in 2 days.
I also ordered a pound of yellow m&ms from Amazon. I didn’t feel like sifting through endless bags of m&ms picking out all the yellow ones. And the yellow really made it look like Mickey Mouse. I also made some easy red candy coated popcorn. Most people dug through the Mickey Mouse munch mix to get to the popcorn. Chocolate chips and marshmallows finished off the mix.
All layered in the jar, the moms totally got the Mickey Mouse vibe!
This video will show you how to make the candy coated popcorn and layer the munch mix.
- 8 - 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1 (12 oz) bag red candy melts
- 1 pound bag yellow m&ms
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 bag Mickey Mouse pretzels
- In a glass bowl, melt red candy melts in microwave according to package.
- Pour over popped popcorn and gently mix until all popcorn is coated.
- Spread out onto parchment lined sheet pan.
- Let candy sent up and then break into smaller pieces.
- Layer popcorn and remaining ingredients in glass jar, or just mix in a big bowl.
- **store in air tight container**
Make sure and keep your munch mix sealed in an air tight container or else your marshmallows and popcorn will go stale.
This Mickey Mouse munch mix will be perfect for your next Disney themed party or to make for your Disney trip. But just a note, the candy coated popcorn will melt if it gets too warm.
I’ve got lots more fun Disney ideas like these Mickey Mouse soft pretzels
and these Mickey Mouse pop tarts.
This post contains affiliate links to products I use. It means I will earn a little something if you purchase through the link, but there is no additional cost to you.
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Christmas Punch
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Prickly Pear Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- How To Make Simple Syrup
- Easy Churro Dessert Board
- Copycat Disneyland Mint Julep Recipe
- Dragon Party Punch
- Fruit Punch Recipe
- Tropical Breeze Party Punch
- Easy Pink Party Punch Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Twinkies on a Stick