It’s no secret that we are Disney fans around here. We have had the opportunity to host a couple Disneyside parties with our friends and family. In preparation for our latest party, I decided to make these Mickey Mouse pop tarts. I couldn’t believe how easy they were to make! They turned out great! Plus they tasted good and the kids loved that they were on a stick.
To make these Mickey Mouse pop tarts you will need a package of store bought pie crusts, jam/preserves of choice, a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter and fun straws or popsicle sticks.
The first thing I did was roll out my pie crusts onto a lightly floured surface. I cut out Mickey Mouse shapes and placed them on a lined cookie sheet. I spaced them out so I could put the sticks in them. I was able to get about 12 cut outs from each pie crust.
Then I added about 1/2 tsp of jam to each Mickey head and spread it around. I chose to use homemade jam, since that is what I had. I added the straws to the center of the pop tart. I covered each Mickey with another cut out and used a fork to crimp around the edges. Yes a little jam came out the edges, but that was just fine.
Once they were baked, I pulled them out of the oven and made some icing. I decided to add some sprinkles to the top of the icing to finish them off.
- FOR POP TARTS:
- 1 package pie crust
- Jam/preserves of choice
- Cookie cutter
- straws/popsicle sticks
- FOR ICING:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Roll out pie crust onto a lightly floured surface
- Cut out Mickey Mouse shapes and lay on lined cookie sheet
- Put 1/2 tsp- 1 tsp jam/preserves into the center and spread around avoiding the edges
- Add straw or popsicle stick to center of pop tart
- Cover with another pie crust cut out and crimp around edges with fork
- Bake for 8 – 10 mins until golden brown
- Mix together powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth (can add a little more milk if needed to achieve desired consistency)
- Cover pop tarts with icing
- Add sprinkles or colored sugars for fun
I gave the icing a little time to set up before I moved the Mickey Mouse pop tarts.
I stored them in an air tight container until I was ready to serve them at our party.
They were such a fun addition to our party! I decided they couldn’t have enough jam or enough icing. 🙂
I don’t know if the kids or the moms liked them more. These pop tarts would be great for any type of Disney party. They work as breakfast or could be a dessert too. If you’re looking for an easy addition to your table display, give these Mickey Mouse pop tarts a try!
Here are some other Disney ideas you might enjoy: