Black Magic Halloween Party Punch will help set the mood for your Halloween party! With its spooky look and delicious taste, this non-alcoholic black magic drink will be a hit with guests young and old. It’s an easy party punch recipe for everyone.
It seems to me that over the last several years, Halloween parties have become more and more popular. Or maybe it just seems that way because I’ve become more of a fan of Halloween the last couple years. Either way, Halloween parties are super fun! Although I still hate the scary stuff, there is a lot of fun Halloween stuff out there.
Halloween parties are full of fun attire, festive food and spooky beverages. That is what is perfect about this black magic Halloween party punch recipe. With the addition of frozen cherries and dry ice, it is the perfect spooky drink for a Halloween party. Guests of all ages will enjoy this non-alcoholic Halloween punch.
Halloween Party Punch Serving Tips
Of course, every drink is a little more fun with dry ice. I will admit I was a little scared about trying the dry ice for this. But I’m so glad I did! My kids loved it! They thought it was super cool. But in case you are reluctant to use dry ice, here are some tips for you in using dry ice in party punch. I am in no way an expert at dry ice. This is just what I learned from using it for this recipe.
TIPS for using Dry Ice
- Use tongs or gloves when handling dry ice.
- Never touch dry ice with your skin.
- Do not ingest dry ice.
- Be careful serving the punch – as it breaks up, you don’t want any pieces of dry ice getting into a cup.
- If you are adding it straight to your punch, do not add additional ice. The dry ice will chill your punch.
- Wear eye protection when breaking dry ice. I wrapped it in a paper bag and used a slotted screw driver and hammer to break my 3 pound piece in half to fit in my punch bowl. I placed it in the punch bowl with tongs.
- Make sure your glassware is not hot (like right out of the dishwasher) when adding ice. It can crack your punch bowl.
- Do not use hot water to break up your dry ice when you’re ready to clean up. It could also break a cold glass punch bowl.
If you are concerned:
Serve out of a spouted dispenser. Place dry ice in another container with water, inside, under or next to your party punch bowl. For example, get a big plastic cauldron that your punch bowl will fit in. Place a foil or plastic pan in the bottom, add your dry ice and some water in the pan and place your punch bowl on top. Make sure there is room to let the dry ice effect out around your punch bowl.
Black Magic Party Drink Recipe
- 1 (64 oz) jug cran-pomegranate juice
- 1 (64 oz) jug black cherry cranberry juice
- 1 (12 oz) container frozen cranberry juice
- 3 (6 oz) cans pineapple juice
- 3 TBL lemon juice
- 2 liters lemon lime soda
- 1 bag frozen cherries (optional)
- 1.5 to 3 pounds dry ice (optional)
- In a very large pitcher or container, mix together all juices.
- DO NOT add additional water called for on the frozen cranberry juice, just add the frozen concentrate.
- Once all the juices are mixed together, chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, fill punch bowl/dispenser half way with punch base.
- Then add lemon lime soda until punch bowl is about 3/4 full.
- Add frozen cherries (optional).
- Then add 1.5 to 3 pounds dry ice. (optional)
- This step is also optional. If you don't use dry ice, just add regular ice to your punch.
- **Please read tips for using dry ice before using in punch**
The smoke the dry ice created in this punch set the mood for our pumpkin decorating party. If you are looking to host a Halloween party, check out this Halloween party menu. Lots of spooky food ideas that your guests will love. The recipe for Toxic Waste Mac and Cheese from Cooking for Curls is one of my favorites!
And if you are looking for more easy party punch recipes, make sure to check out all our punch recipes for any occasion.