I am so excited about how this pie turned out! As part of our 4th of July party collaboration, we decided each of us would make a pie. Pie is an all american classic dessert and what better way to celebrate America’s birthday than with lots of pie!! I have been craving all things lemon lately and decided to make a lemon cream pie.
Usually lemon pie has meringue on the top. I wanted to change things up a bit and went with cream instead. I also added a creamy layer under the lemon layer to give it just the right amount of sweet and tart.
I like to keep things simple so I used a store bought pie crust that I just had to put in the pie shell and bake. I also used a store bought lemon pie filling mix that I cooked on my stove top, let cool and added over the cream layer. Taking a couple short cuts really made this pie super simple.
- 1 (9) inch pie crust
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tub (4 oz) cool whip
- lemon pie filling mix – ingredients for making pie filling
- Bake 9 inch pie crust and let cool.
- Cream together powdered sugar and cream cheese until well combined.
- Fold in 1/2 tub cool whip.
- Spread cream cheese layer in bottom of pie pan evenly and place in fridge.
- Make lemon pie filling according to package instructions.
- Let cool on stove for 15 minutes.
- Pour into pie shell over cream cheese layer and spread evenly.
- Place in fridge for 4 hours or over night before serving.
- Right before serving, spread remaining cool whip over the top or decorate around the edges.
Make sure and check out all the other amazing pies that were brought to our 4th of July party. I’m sure one of them is just your flavor!