This easy pie crust recipe is only a few ingredients and makes the perfect pie crust for a single pie crust pie, like pumpkin and pecan.
It’s November! That means in just a few short weeks I will be indulging in lots of my favorite dessert, pie! I really enjoy making pie. When I bake I try and take short cuts to make my baking go a lot faster. For years I have bought the store brand rolled pie crusts that you find in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. And they have been fine. They just always seem to be a bit too small to fit my pie pans. I finally decided to make my own pie crust and found this easy pie crust recipe in a family cookbook.
It turns out, making my own pie crust wasn’t so hard after all. One way to make it easy is to use a food processor to “mix” all your ingredients together. Now if you don’t have one, a pastry cutter works great too. It takes just a little more muscle. 🙂
Once the dough comes together, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for about 10 -15 minutes.
Once it’s been chilled, roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment or waxed paper to the desired size.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cube (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 TBL. cold water
- Cube cold butter.
- Mix flour, salt and butter together.
- Use a pastry cutter or your food processor.
- Add 4 TBL cold water.
- Work into a ball.
- **If it's not coming together, add 1 more TBL cold water
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Roll out between 2 sheets of wax or parchment paper.
- Place in pie pan and crimp edges.
- Makes (1) 9 inch pie crust
Put the rolled out dough into a pie pan and press it into the pan and up over the sides. Then trim the edges of the crust and make a design around the edge if desired.
I just use my fingers to make a zig zag type pattern around the edge or the crust. Then the pie shell is ready to be filled with your favorite yummy filling.
Do you make the pie for Thanksgiving? What kind do you like to make?
Here are some pie recipes you might like.
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Louisiana Lemonade Recipe
- Christmas Punch
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Prickly Pear Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- Pomegranate Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- Copycat Disneyland Mint Julep Recipe
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Casserole – Freezer Meal
- Tiger’s Blood Party Punch for Kids
- Mickey Mouse Freak Shake
- Black Cat Cupcakes
- White Cranberry Peach Lemonade