This apple pie braid is so quick and easy to make. In 30 minutes you will have a delicious fall dessert or pastry for brunch.
I am so excited that apple season is upon us! I love apples. Especially when they are in desserts! Apple pie just happens to be my all time favorite dessert. So I love this twist on my favorite classic in this apple pie braid.
The best part about his apple pie braid, is that it is so incredibly easy. I mean it takes hardly any time to prepare and bake. Plus you could claim it as either a dessert or a breakfast pastry. So it will be perfect for any fall party menu. It’s flaky and sweet and full of apple flavor.
Apple Pie Braid
- 1 package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 small can apple pie filling
- 1 egg beaten
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 TBL veg. oil
- 2-3 TBL water
- Thaw frozen puff pastry according to package directions.
- Roll out puff pastry a little, and eyeball the dough into 3rds.
- Open can of apple pie filling and put half the can down the middle section of each puff pastry.
- Cut strips in the outer 2 sections, toward the middle.
- Then use strips to cross over and "braid" it on top of the apple pie filling.
- Brush with beaten egg wash.
- Bake 400 degrees for 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before adding glaze.
- Mix together powdered sugar, oil and water to make glaze.
- Add more or less water depending on the consistency you want.
I do have a confession to make. I love the apple pies from McDonald’s. Have you ever had them? Well this apple pie braid kind of reminded me of those, but better. 🙂
Many people love pumpkin this time of year. And so do I. But give me all the apple things during the fall and I am one happy girl.
If you are a fan of apples, like me, make sure to check out these 10 fall apple recipes that I’m sure will help with your apple cravings! They all look so good.
Apple Pecan Bread Pudding from Bread Booze Bacon
Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies from I Heart Eating
Apple Pie Mug Cake from Kleinworth & Co.
Apple Cider Doughnuts from Cooking with Curls
Apple Pecan Stuffing from Home.Made.Interest.
Hard Apple Cider Sangria from Sugar & Soul
Salted Caramel Apples from The Creative Bite
Applesauce & Yogurt Parfaits from Celebrating Sweets
Apple Pie French Toast for One from Frugal Foodie Mama
Apple Pie Braid from Liz on Call