This lemon poke cake is a cool refreshing cake that’s perfect for spring and summer get togethers.
We are so lucky to have such amazing citrus here in AZ. Now that the weather is getting hotter, we have less and less of the delicious citrus, but lucky for me, I do a bunch of juice in the winter and save all that goodness in my freezer. I do that so that when I have a craving for something refreshing, like some homemade lemonade, I can just pull out all that wonderful juice and mix up a pitcher.
Luckily for you, this lemon poke recipe doesn’t call for any fresh lemon juice, but it does have a refreshing lemon flavor that is perfect for summertime parties.
Lemon Poke Cake
- 1 boxed yellow or lemon cake mix
- oil, eggs, water – whatever is called for on the cake box
- 1 (4 oz) box lemon instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 8 oz cool whip – thawed
- 10 Lemon Oreo cookies crushed
- Bake cake according to package directions. (for 9×13 pan)
- While still warm, poke holes in the top of the cake with end of a wooden spoon.
- Mix pudding and milk together.
- As soon as it starts to thicken, pour over prepared cake and spread over entire top, making sure to get some into the holes.
- Let the cake chill for at least an hour.
- Spread cool whip over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreos over the top of the cake.
- Chill cake until ready to serve.
Lemon desserts are some of my favorites. That sweet and tangy combination is just the best! Well I’m not alone in my fondness for lemon treats, and I got together with some fab foodies to bring you 10 luscious lemon recipes.
Lemon Ricotta Fritters from Bread Booze Bacon
Raspberry Lemon Layer Cake from White Lights on Wednesday
Lemon Sour Cream Sugar Cookies from I Heart Eating
Paleo Lemon Cheesecake from Cooking with Curls
Lemon Berry Napoleons from Home.Made.Interest.
Lemon Butter Cake from Sugar & Soul
Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake from Celebrating Sweets
Candied Lemon Peel from The Two Bite Club
Lemon Poke Cake from Liz on Call
Lemon Chewies from It Bakes Me Happy