Disneyland Park may be the first thing you think of when anyone mentions Disneyland, but Disney California Adventure Park is also an exciting place to explore! There are a number of beloved Attractions At Disney California Adventure Park, that I want to share with you today.
This post contains affiliate links which mean I make a little something when you purchase through the link at no extra cost to you.
Attractions at Disney California Adventure Park
Thanks to my friends at Get Away Today, I have the inside scoop on what you attractions you can find in Disney California Adventure Park. In addition to new rides, delicious dining options and limited-time shows, this Park has opportunities for character meet-n-greets, exclusive Holiday parties and more.
Disney California Adventure Park – Limited Time Attractions
For a limited time this summer, Bo Peep will make an appearance in Disney California Adventure Park. Celebrating the release of Toy Story 4, Bo Peep can be found alongside Park staples such as Buzz Lightyear and Woody.
Soarin’ Over California returns to Disney California Adventure Park and although no end-date has yet been announced, it will eventually return to Soarin’ Around the World. In the meantime, enjoy a virtual journey to the Golden Gate Bridge, Lake Tahoe and beyond. Enjoy the sounds, scents and sights of California on this ride suitable for guests 40 inches and taller.
Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party replaces the now-retired Mickey’s Halloween Party this fall in the Disneyland Resort. Hosted in Disney California Adventure Park, Oogie Boogie Bash is a separately-ticketed event that kicks off September 17 and runs until October 31, 2019. The Bash is held on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and will be open to ticket-holders only at those times. Oogie Boogie Bash will feature trick-or-treating, Halloween-themed food, shows, characters and more.
Disney California Adventure Park – Attractions
There are almost too many rides and shows in Disney California Adventure Park to go through them all in detail, so I want to highlight some of my favorites. Many are available for FastPass, and are known to go quickly so you’ll want to be sure to request FastPass as soon as you’re in Disney California Adventure Park in the morning. Use code LizOnCall to save $10 on your Disneyland vacation package with Get Away Today!
- Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind: *NEW* Open to any height, this ride is modeled after Riley and her many emotions. Take a whirl on this colorful ride located in Pixar Pier.
- Jessie’s Critter Carousel: *NEW* Open to any height, this carousel features cute critters inspired by Jessie from Toy Story. Climb aboard, partner!
- Radiator Springs Racers: FastPasses for this popular ride run out quickly, so be sure to make your request as early as possible. This ride is suitable for guests at least 40 inches tall and takes you around a race track inspired by the roads tackled by Lightning McQueen himself.
- Toy Story Midway Mania!: FastPasses for this popular ride also tend to run out, so make your request as early as possible. For guests of any height, Toy Story Midway Mania! offers games in 4D effects during which you battle for the most points.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!: Turn up the thrills and good tunes with the gang from Guardians of the Galaxy. Rocket takes guests 40 inches and taller on a rescue mission with special effects and a free-fall drop.
- Incredicoaster: For riders 48 inches and taller, Incredicoaster takes guests on a chase to catch Jack-Jack. His superpowers are Incredible and it’s your job to get him back to safety.
- Pixar Pal-A-Round: Enjoy beautiful views of Pixar Pier from a carriage on this ferris wheel. Choose between swinging and non-swinging carriages and go for a spin.
- Animation Academy: Guests of all ages will love to participate in this experience. Learn to draw a classic Disney character under the guidance of a Disney animator, see stills from beloved Disney films, visit the Beast’s library and so much more.
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic: View a 3D display of Disney animation, special effects and music during this show at Sunset Theater in Disney California Adventure Park. Follow along as Donald Duck gets into a bit of mischief with Mickey’s wand and magical Sorcerer’s Hat.
- Live – Frozen at the Hyperion: Get in line as early as you can for this show! Usually the queue opens up 90 minutes before showtime, and you’ll want to get yourself there about 60 minutes in advance for better chances to get in. Enjoy air conditioning and a Broadway-caliber production that reimagines Frozen. Fans young and old will enjoy the live-action story of Elsa, Anna and Olaf performed on stage with spectacular costumes, set design and music.
Disney California Adventure Park – Dining
How do you choose which Disney food to enjoy at Disney California Adventure Park? With so many options, it can be hard to narrow it down. Everyone in your party is sure to love one of the following dining options in Disney California Adventure Park:
- Angry Dogs: hot dogs and sides
- Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream: single or double scoop ice cream, Mickey and Minnie hand-dipped ice cream bars, plus the famous Kitchen Sink sundae
- Cozy Cone Motel: chili, popcorn, pretzels and beverages
- Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums: warm chocolate chip cookies and milk
- Lucky Fortune Cookery: rice bowls, edamame and mango slices
- Smokejumpers Grill: burgers, chicken, macaroni and cheese and a variety of sides
There are a lot more than just these favorites, so be sure to refer to the Disneyland app to help you map out your food choices. Plus you can use mobile ordering to view menus and make food purchases in advance. One your meal is ready you can pick it up at a separate window or counter and avoid the lines!
Disney California Adventure Park – Characters
You probably already know this, but you can track down your favorite Disney Characters using the free Disneyland app. Just launch the app, head to the map for Disney California Adventure Park and select “Characters” on the menu. From that point, you can either move the map around and look for the Mickey bubbles to see who is in the Park, or you can choose “Show List” to see them in alphabetical order. This is a tip straight from my partners at Get Away Today; they know all the ins and outs of the Disneyland app! The characters’ location and length of stay is noted in the app, so you can get an idea of who you should see first. Here’s just a sampling of the Disney Characters often found in Disney California Adventure Park:
- Black Panther
- Captain America
- Captain Marvel
- Daisy Duck
- Donald Duck
- Fancy Nancy
- Judy Hopps
- Mickey Mouse
- Minnie Mouse
- Mr. Incredible
- Nick Wilde
Be sure to have your Disney autograph book and pens ready when you’re in Disney California Adventure Park; it’s a great opportunity for your kids to meet their favorite characters!
Book with Get Away Today and Save
You’ll find all of the above and more at Disney California Adventure Park this year. Be sure to make it part of your next Disneyland Resort vacation, using either Park Hopper or 1-Park per Day discount Disneyland tickets from Get Away Today. For just $175 down, you can book your next Southern California vacation package and lock-in current savings. You can make flexible payments up until five days before you travel, making it easier to budget for your family vacation. See all vacation packages at www.getawaytoday.com, or talk to a travel agent at 855-GET-AWAY. Let them know Liz on Call sent you, and use code LizOnCall for an additional $10 in savings when you book your package.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Garden Grove an Anaheim Area Hotel
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Milky Fizz Recipe
- Disneyland Hotels For Large Families
- Christmas Punch
- Best Drinks at Disneyland
- Howard Johnson an Anaheim Area Hotel
- Free Disney Coloring Pages
- No Sew Minnie Bow
- Squad Goals DIY Disney Shirts
- Mini Mickey Mouse Pizza
- Easy Mickey Mouse Shirt Tutorial