These carrot cake easter bunny cupcakes are a from scratch delicious carrot cake recipe with cream cheese frosting and printable bunny ears to make the cutest cupcakes for your Easter celebrations.
Creating fun food for the holidays is one of my favorite things to do for my kids. I love to see their cute faces as they inspect my food creations. (Right before they devour them!) 🙂 Well Easter has become one of my favorite holidays to get crafty in the kitchen. I mean how can you resist all those cute bunnies and chicks?!?! A few years ago I made the most delicious carrot cake for our Easter dinner. I decided to use the same recipe and make some special Easter cupcakes. These carrot cake Easter bunny cupcakes were so fun to make!
I’m not gonna lie, they do take a little time, but they are very doable. Especially since the printable bunny ears are provided. I wanted to go with a homemade carrot cake recipe, but you could always use a boxed cake mix or make your favorite flavor cake.
I cut out my bunny ears while my cupcakes were baking and used a hot glue gun to add toothpicks on the back.
To frost the cupcakes, I used an ice cream scoop to put the frosting on top. I wanted to have that rounded look to my Easter bunny cupcakes, but you can use a knife for frosting if you don’t have a scoop. I just used my hands to cover the frosting with the shredded coconut. Chocolate chips and mini marshmallows make the bunny come together.
- For Cupcakes:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- For Frosting:
- 1 (8oz) block cream cheese – room temperature
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter – room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 TBL milk
- 1 (1 pound) box powdered sugar
- For Easter Bunny:
- 3 cups sweetened shredded or flaked coconut
- chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- Bunny Ears printable
- glue gun
- And if you can find it – edible easter grass for the wiskers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pans (2 pans). In a mixing bowl combine sugars, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add eggs, oil and vanilla and blend until all combined. Add carrots and nuts and mix. Fill cups 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool before frosting.
- In a bowl cream together cream cheese and butter. Add vanilla and milk and mix. Add powdered sugar and mix until everything is combined. Scrapping the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Using a 1/4 cup cookie or ice cream scoop, place a scoop of frosting on each cupcake. Cover frosting with sweetened coconut. Add chocolate chips for eyes and a mini marshmallow for a nose. Just pressing them lightly into the frosting. Cut out the bunny ears from the printable and using a glue gun, glue toothpicks onto the backs of the ears. Insert ears into the top of the cupcake.
You can download the free printable bunny ears using the link below:
One thing I did find that I thought was a super cute addition, this edible Easter grass. I cut a couple pieces and added them to the Easter bunny cupcakes for the bunny’s whiskers.
Do you like to make fun food for your kids for the holidays?
What have been some of your favorites?
Last year I made these carrot sugar cookies. They are still one of my favorites.
This post contains affiliate links. That means I make a little something for every purchase. But it doesn’t change the price for you. Thanks.