Make these baked bacon cheeseburger egg rolls for your next party. They are so easy and everyone will love them.
At the start of the new year, I started gathering ideas for some healthy meal options. One of the ideas I wanted to try out were some baked egg rolls. I thought cheeseburger egg rolls sounded really good. I always have ground turkey on hand and thought ground turkey would be a little healthier than hamburger and would be great in a baked egg roll (which would be better than a fried egg roll). You see how I’m trying to be healthy here?!?! 🙂 That is how these baked bacon cheeseburger egg rolls came about. Now I didn’t use turkey bacon, but you could if you wanted to be extra healthy.
Egg roll wrappers are super easy to use and you could fill them with anything you want. If you have trouble wrapping them, just use a bit of water around the edges and it will seal it closed.
- 1.25 pounds ground hamburger (or turkey)
- 12 slices of bacon (or turkey bacon)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a large pan and set aside to cool.
- Add ground meat to pan and brown the meat.
- Add pepper, salt and garlic powder to meat and mix together.
- Drain fat off of the meat and set aside to assemble egg rolls.
- Chop bacon into large pieces, set aside to assemble egg rolls.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper flat, add a couple spoonfuls of meat in the center of the wrapper.
- Sprinkle with a good amount of cheese.
- Add some bacon pieces to the top.
- Roll the egg roll by first folding up the bottom corner toward the top and then pull the sides in and then roll all the way.
- Add a dot of water to the point at the top of the wrapper to help keep the wrapper sealed. (I just stuck my finger in a bowl of water and quickly brushed it along the top of the wrapper before I finished wrapping.)
- Lay the egg roll down on a baking sheet with the end of the wrapper on the bottom.
- Brush the tops of each egg roll with some olive oil.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Turn each egg roll over and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
My family loved these! My kids (who don’t usually eat cheeseburgers) devoured these. All we needed was a little ketchup and mustard for dipping.
We ate these for dinner, but they would be great for any party or game day. Sometimes I just like appetizers for dinner!
Here are some other appetizers you might want to check out.