These taco baked potatoes are my family’s favorite way to eat one of our favorite foods!
I am always looking for meals that my family, specifically my children, will eat and love. And I think I found the solution! Baked potatoes! My kids love anything over a baked potato. That is how we came about these taco baked potatoes. Taco salad happens to be one of our favorite, and easiest, meals. I realized I didn’t have any chips to make taco salad, nor did I have any taco shells. What I did have were potatoes. I baked up a few and decided to give these a try. And they were a hit!
- 1.25 pounds ground meat (I like turkey)
- 2 tsp. mined onion
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 large baked potatoes
- Added toppings:
- diced tomato
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- Bake potatoes in oven or microwave.
- In an oven - 350 degrees for 1 hour
- In a pan on medium high heat, brown ground meat.
- Drain off fat.
- Place back on stove and add all spices and 1/2 cup water.
- Mix all together and when it starts boiling, turn heat to low.
- Stirring occasionally, let simmer for 15 mins.
- While meat is cooking, prepare your baked potatoes and toppings.
- My kids will eat 1/2 baked potato.
- Slice potatoes and cut up the inside.
- Once meat is done, cover potatoes with meat and add toppings.
- /2 potato to 1 potato per serving
Now if you have a packet of taco seasoning on hand, you can always use that. Especially if you know you already love it. I like using ground turkey meat since it’s a little leaner. And then I only eat a half a potato. That’s if I’m trying to be good. 😉 New years resolutions and all!
Baked potatoes are really easy to make. Just wash your potatoes, poke them with a fork and few times, and stick them in the oven on 350 degrees for about an hour. We have enjoyed this meal for many months and love experimenting with all kids of other things on top of a potato.
If you are looking for more easy and perhaps healthy meals, here are a few you might enjoy:
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Louisiana Lemonade Recipe
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Watermelon Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- Mojito Mocktail Recipe
- Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- Arizona Sunset Mocktail Party Punch
- Tiger’s Blood Party Punch for Kids
- Sparkling Pina Colada Party Punch
- Chocolate Covered Twinkies on a Stick
- How to make Buttermilk Syrup if you don’t have Buttermilk
- Sunshine Berry Spritzer – Non Alcoholic Brunch Party Punch Recipe