This post first appeared at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor.
These turkey taco lettuce wraps are a healthier option to enjoy one of your favorite foods.
Is there one food that you crave? Well craving a certain food when you are trying to diet is so hard!! Over the summer, my husband and I decided to go on a diet. We watched what we were eating and counting our calories. We each did really well and were pretty strict. Once the holidays started, however, our calorie counting went out the window. There were too many yummy treats to indulge in. 🙂 But we are ready to start back up. (Swim suit season is almost upon us!)
One of the meals that was our go to were these taco lettuce wraps. I loved that we could still have one of our favorites, tacos, but have a healthier option. Plus it’s a really simple and easy meal to make.
I like to use ground turkey meat for my taco lettuce wraps. It’s leaner and fewer calories. But if you like ground beef, I say, go for it! You could always use a package of taco seasoning that you already have on hand to make this meal even quicker and easier.
- 1.25 pounds ground meat (I like turkey)
- 2 tsp. mined onion
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 lettuce cups
- Added toppings:
- diced tomato
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- In a pan on medium high heat, brown ground meat.
- Drain off fat.
- Place back on stove and add all spices and 1/2 cup water.
- Mix all together and when it starts boiling, turn heat to low.
- Stirring occasionally, let simmer for 15 mins.
- While meat is cooking, prepare your lettuce cups and toppings.
- Once meat is done, fill taco lettuce wraps and add toppings.
- taco lettuce wraps per serving.
While my husband and I were satisfying our taco craving with these turkey taco lettuce wraps, our kids loved eating these taco baked potatoes.
Another one of our healthy go to meals were these foil dinner packets with chicken and vegetables.
Are you planning on eating healthier? Or have you already started?
I’d love to hear what your go to meals are.
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Louisiana Lemonade Recipe
- Christmas Punch
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Cranberry Moscow Mule Mocktail Recipe
- Easy White Vegetable Lasagna
- Mermaid Party Punch
- Tiger’s Blood Party Punch for Kids
- Tropical Breeze Party Punch
- Easy Pink Party Punch Recipe
- Holiday Party Punch Recipe
- Baked Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls