This post was first seen at Real Housemoms where I’m a contributor.
Enjoy all the classic flavors of your favorite buffalo chicken wings in these BUFFALO CHICKEN EGG ROLLS!
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls
I am going to say right now, I am not a fan of chicken wings. I don’t like eating around bones to get to the meat. So I haven’t had many buffalo chicken wings in my lifetime. Every once in a while I’ll think I’m ready to try chicken wings again, but then those darn bones just get in the way. Since my husband is always compromising his love of eating at wing joints, I thought I’d make something that satisfied both his craving for buffalo chicken wings and my aversion to chicken bones. These buffalo chicken egg rolls were a great compromise!
I used a rotisserie chicken to speed up the process. Once I had chopped up all the chicken and veggies for the filling, I added blue cheese and some buffalo sauce. I mixed everything together and let it set in the fridge for a few hours until I was ready to serve them. I think letting the filling sit in the fridge allows all those wonderful flavors to combine, giving it an even richer flavor. I used 2 small spoonfuls on each egg roll wrapper and then dabbed some water around the edges to seal the wrapper closed so the filling wouldn’t come out during cooking.
- 2 cups chicken - cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 3 - 4 oz blue cheese (as much as you like)
- 2 green onions - chopped
- 2 stalks celery - diced
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Egg roll wrappers
- vegetable oil for cooking
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and cover with plastic and allow to chill for a couple hours if possible.
- Once ready to roll, lay egg roll wrapper down on flat surface, add 2 small spoonfuls of filling to the center of egg roll wrapper.
- Fold up bottom corner over filling, pull in the two sides and then roll to the top point of the wrapper.
- Add a bit of water along the edge of egg roll wrapper to seal shut.
- Lay on a tray and repeat until all egg rolls are made.
- Add oil to a pan and heat until 350 degrees.
- Add egg rolls and cook, flipping over to cook both sides, until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel lined platter.
- Repeat until all egg rolls are cooked.
- Serve with ranch dressing.
We served these with some celery, carrots and ranch sauce for dipping. These buffalo chicken egg rolls are a great appetizer and can even be a complete meal if you wanted them to be. My hubby was a big fan of these and didn’t miss the wing joint one bit.
These buffalo chicken egg rolls are a perfect appetizer for your holiday party or game watching get together. Since I know you all love delicious recipes, I got together with some of my favorite foodies to bring you these must have holiday appetizers.
Sausage Pinwheels Recipe from Bread Booze Bacon
Cheesy Havarti Hot Spinach Dip from Kleinworth & Co.
Puff Pastry Chorizo Rolls from Cooking with Curls
Low Carb Taco Bites from Home.Made.Interest.
Apple Cranberry Baked Brie from Sugar & Soul
Cranberry Pistachio Cheese Ball from The Creative Bite
Honey Rosemary & Walnut Baked Brie from Celebrating Sweets
Ultimate Cheese Chicken Club Crescent Roll Ring from The Two Bite Club
Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls from Liz on Call
Here are some other appetizers that will surely wow your party guests.
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Louisiana Lemonade Recipe
- Christmas Punch
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Watermelon Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- Tiger’s Blood Party Punch for Kids
- Tropical Breeze Party Punch
- Peach Bellini Mocktail Party Punch
- Baked Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- Sunshine Berry Spritzer – Non Alcoholic Brunch Party Punch Recipe
- Valentine’s Day Cookie Bouquet