I know that I’ve said it before, but during the summer I like eating things that are a little bit lighter. When I was coming up with the menu for my daughter’s strawberry lemonade birthday party (which was in June) I kept that in mind. For the main dish I made this pecan chicken salad. Served on flaky croissants, it was the perfect party food.
Anything with pecans in it is right up my alley. Of course you could always skip the pecans if you have a nut allergy or don’t like them.
- 6 chicken breasts - cooked and cubed
- 1 cup miracle whip
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions - chopped
- 2 stalks celery - chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl and let set overnight (if possible) before serving.
- **You can use canned chicken for this too. You will need about 3-4 cups of chopped/cubed/shredded chicken.
I like to make this the day before serving so the flavors have time to all work together. This pecan chicken salad is good served on croissants like we had, in lettuce cups, with chips, crackers or just plain.
This strawberry spinach salad is another light recipe, perfect for summer time.
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Mickey Churro Cookies Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- How To Make Simple Syrup
- Blackberry Mojito Mocktail Recipe
- Fruit Punch Recipe
- Mermaid Party Punch
- Purple Popcorn
- Peach Bellini Mocktail Party Punch
- Shamrock Party Punch
- Root Beer Float Ice Cream in a Bag
- Christmas Veggie Tray