Strawberry mint agua fresca party punch is a cool and refreshing party drink any time of year.
So I’ve heard the term agua fresca, but it wasn’t until I actually made this strawberry mint agua fresca that I actually tried it. In all my researching, an agua fresca is a drink with fruit and water. That sounded easy enough. Of course I’ve got to put my own spin on any drink. You know I’ve got to make it into a party punch and give it some fizz.
I thought it would be fun to share this delicious drink with friends so I mixed up the agua fresca and put it in this cute jar I bought when I was visiting an At Home store a few weeks ago. Isn’t this jar the cutest? You can add the sparkling water to the jar of agua fresca before you gift it, or include a liter bottle along side the jar so that your friends can keep them chilled until ready to serve.
- 16 oz strawberries cleaned and hulled
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 7 mint leaves
- 4 cups water
- 1 liter sparkling water (or lemon lime soda)
- mint, limes, strawberries for garnish
- In a saucepan mix together 1 cup water and 1 cup syrup on medium high heat creating a simple syrup.
- Stir continuously until sugar is dissolved and turn off the heat.
- Add mint leaves to simple syrup mixture.
- Once cooled, add hulled strawberries, lime juice and simple syrup to blender and puree.
- Pour strawberry mint puree through a strainer into a large pitcher to take out any mint or seeds that didn't get blended well.
- Add 4 cups of water to strawberry puree and stir.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Add sparkling water right before serving.
- Serve over ice and garnish with fruit.
I like to add my sparkling water or lemon lime soda when I’m ready to serve it. I usually fill my glasses with ice and then pour the party punch over the ice until the glass is 3/4 full. Then top it off with something fizzy! And of course, I love a good garnish. It just really makes the drink something special!
On my shopping trip to the At Home store, my girlfriends and I all decided to buy one of the these cute jars and come up with a way to use it. I decided to combine my love of party punch and my love of simple gift giving. You’ve got to see how my friends decided to use their jars. Here are 6 creative ideas using 1 jar.
Strawberry Mint Agua Fresca Party Punch from Liz on Call
Chai Tea Mix from Around My Family Table
DIY Baking Mix from Pink Cake Plate
Date Night Jar from Songs Kate Sang
I’m Bored Jar from Shaping Up To Be A Mom
Birthday Wishes Keepsake from Sweet Rose Studio