One of the things I love most about St. Patrick’s day is all the cute colorful projects there are. This Magic Rainbow Cut File is ready for all the St. Patrick’s crafting you can handle. Plus see 10 more free St. Patrick’s Day cut files.
This post contains affiliate links which mean I make a little something if you purchase through the link with no extra cost to you.
First thing you will need to make this project is a surface to put your finished cut design. That will determine the size of your project. I decided to go with an insulated tumbler. But you could also cut this out of iron-on vinyl and do a reverse canvas as well.
Here’s a list of the supplies:
Cricut Cutting machine or any cutting machine that works with SVG files
Magic Rainbow Cut File – see download below
Magic Rainbow Cut File
Once you have your supplies gathered, upload the free Magic Rainbow Cut File and upload it into your cutting machine software. Resize the design to fit your project. You can ungroup the design if needed to adjust the spacing between the words and images. Once you have it the size/dimensions you like, cut the design out of permanent vinyl if you are going to be using it on a tumbler like I did.. Make sure to cut the right design out of the right color.
This is a trick I like to do when I am cutting very small designs, but using multiple colors of vinyl. I cut small squares out of the vinyl I want to use, and place them all on one mat. I place them at specific inch markings on the mat, so that I can move the pieces around on design space to cut out of the pieces of vinyl on the mat.
Once I’ve sized my design in Design Space, I click on each layer and change the color, so they are all going to be cut on one mat. Click mat it to continue. Once on the mat preview screen, move each of the pieces around so it will be cut out of the corresponding vinyl on the cutting mat.
Once all the pieces are cut, weed the vinyl. Make sure to remove all the excess vinyl, just leaving the words or designs on the paper.
Use the transfer tape, and place the pieces of vinyl onto the transfer. This part can be a bit difficult, but since the transfer tape is clear, the arcs of the rainbow should be easy to see as you add them to the transfer tape.
Once all the pieces are on the transfer sheet, place it onto the tumbler and use the scraper to smooth it out and get the vinyl to attach. Carefully remove the transfer tape leaving the design on the cup.
Free St. Patrick’s Day Cut Files
This year my goal is to bring you new free cut files every month. And luckily I am able to work with some awesome designers and cut file makers to give you so many great files. These free St. Patrick’s Day cut files are all so cute! I’m sure you’ll find something you’ll love.
Make sure and click over to these blogs and grab all these amazing svg cut files.
- Buffalo Plaid Shamrock by Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Let the Shenanigans Begin by Pineapple Paper Co.
- I’m Not Irish, I Just Love Beer by We Can Make That
- Lucky Mama by That’s What Che Said
- Happy Go Lucky by The Girl Creative
- Rainbow Magic by Liz on Call
- Can’t Pinch This by Life Sew Savory
- Shamrock Cluster by Everyday Party Magazine
- Lucky Clover Monogram by Happy Go Lucky
- When Do The Shenanigans Begin by Kelly Leigh Creates
- Wee Lil Hooligan by Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Retro “Lucky” Rainbow by unOriginal Mom
- May the Luck Be With You by A Home to Grow Old In
- The Leprechaun Made Me Do It by Mom of 5 Trying to Survive
So which of these is your favorite?! Let me know if you have any questions or need any clarification on how to make this project.
- Happily Ever After Cut File
- Free Circus Cut Files
- How To Draw A Pumpkin Free Printable
- How To Make An Envelope Out Of Paper
- Free Coloring Bookmarks
- Free Christmas Gnome SVG Cut Files
- DIY Minnie Mouse Ears
- How to Make a Custom T-Shirt with the Cricut Explore Air 2
- Valentine’s Day Coloring Page
- Holiday Party Punch Recipe
- Free Printable Birthday Card and A Giveaway
- Gift Wrapped Front Door – with Tag