One of my favorite times to visit the park is during Christmas. Here are all the details on how to enjoy the Holidays at Disneyland Park.
This post contains affiliate links which means I make a little something if you purchase through the link with no extra cost to you.
Last year I was able to visit Disneyland during the Holidays with my daughters. We had such an amazing time seeing our favorite place all decked out for the season. We loved the cool weather and all the festive treats too.
I made these Home for the Holidays shirts for my girls and I to wear during our special holiday trip. Luckily my girls still love being “twins” with me on our Disney trips. My trip to Disneyland last year even inspired this rustic DIY Mickey Mouse ornament post.
Holidays at the Disneyland Resort
Today, with the help of my friends at Get Away Today, I want to tell you all about the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort. November 8, 2019 through January 6, 2020 is such an extra magical time to visit Disneyland, and you see the Resort in a whole new light. With limited time decor, ride overlays and attractions, the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort make for a memorable family vacation.
Holidays at the Disneyland Resort – Disneyland Attractions
Disneyland Park is decked out with evergreen boughs, wreaths, lights, ribbons and other finery during the Holidays. Here’s a look at some of the seasonal experiences you can find in Disneyland beginning November 8, 2019.
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade: Gather on Main Street, U.S.A. to mingle and jingle with Disney Characters dressed in their finest Holiday apparel. Floats featuring Santa, Elsa, Anna and Olaf parade through Disneyland Park, accompanied by marching toy soldiers, toy blocks and a number of Disney Princesses. Look for Woody and Buzz Lightyear, Mickey, Minnie and more during the parade.
- Winter Enchantment at Sleeping Beauty Castle: For the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort, Sleeping Beauty’s Castle gets a merry makeover in the form of thousands of dazzling lights. As part of the seasonal update to the castle facade, there will also be a fireworks show.
- “Believe…In Holiday Magic” Fireworks Spectacular: With music, lights, faux icicles and falling snow, this fireworks show is truly spectacular. View it over Sleeping Beauty’s Castle, and check the Disneyland app for showtimes and changes due to weather.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday: Have you ever toured the Haunted Mansion? Be sure to check out its Holiday transformation, courtesy of Jack Skellington. He may not know a lot about Christmas, but he’s learning! See what he and other Nightmare Before Christmas characters have been up to in the Haunted Mansion during the Holidays.
- “it’s a small world” Holiday Lighting and Overlay: Another ride with a temporary overlay, “it’s a small world” also offers a light show every 30 minutes, in the evening, during the Holidays. Projections complement string lights on the building’s facade, giving it some sparkle for the season. Additionally, the classic ride features Holiday tunes inside as you explore the world. FastPass for this attraction can be requested near Matterhorn Bobsleds.
Holidays at the Disneyland Resort – Disney California Adventure Park Attractions
In Disney California Adventure Park, you’ll find a number of cultural celebrations during the Holidays at the Disneyland Resort. Don’t miss the festive treats and general merriment that is sure to delight guests of all ages.
- Christmas Tree Lighting: When you enter Disney California Adventure Park, you find yourself on Buena Vista Street. Continue toward the plaza and in front of Elias & Co. and spot the 50-foot Holiday tree. Each evening it will light up with hundreds of lights, ornaments and reflective tinsel.
- Holidays Foods Marketplace Kiosks: Look for Holiday-inspired eats including roast turkey and stuffing, tamales topped with cranberry sauce, hot cocoa macarons and so much more. For a limited time, you can enjoy peppermint-infused treats, savory soups and many edible creations that feature shapes and colors of the Holiday season.
- CarsLand gets a festive makeover. I just love all the details you can find in the trees and decorations there.
- Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl: This ride in Cars Land offers Holiday-inspired music and decor for Luigi’s Roadsters to dance to.
- Mater’s Jingle Jamboree: The tractors take a spin during the Holidays accompanied by new music and decorations.
- Santa’s Holiday Visit: Head to Redwood Creek Challenge Trail November 8 – December 24, 2019 to meet Santa! While you queue, accept the challenge to find all the games created by the elves. There are games and outdoor activities to explore as well. My daughters and I loved meeting Santa Claus on our last visit to the park
- Viva Navidad Entertainment: The street party in Paradise Gardens Park during the Holidays is one you won’t want to miss! Check out The Three Caballeros, larger-than-life puppets, folklórico dancers and many Disney Characters.
Best Things to Do During the Holidays at Disneyland Park
Some of my most favorite things to do while visiting Disneyland during the holidays are seeing the Toy Soldier Drummers in California Adventure. Make sure to add this to your list for your visit. They are amazing! And perform several times in the afternoons in front of the Little Mermaid ride.
Definitely stop by Cars Land and see the decorations and try and catch Mater in front of the Cozy Cone with his Santa hat.
Head over to Buena Vista street in DCA and find Mollie, one of the residents there. Ask her if she has any paper and mail a letter to Santa in the box on the back of her bike.
If you can make it happen, get one of the famous Disneyland hand made candy canes. These candy canes are so awesome and in high demand since they only make a certain amount each day. On certain days during the Holiday celebrations, you can find these candy canes in either Candy Palace in Disneyland or at Trolley Treats in DCA.
If this is on your list to get during your trip, make sure and head to either Candy Palace or Trolley treats, they switch, and will be offered at one or the other, depending on the day. Get in line to get a wristband and they will tell you what time you need to be back to get your hand made candy cane. It’s usually sometime in the afternoon, once they are made.
The candy cane was one of the highlights from our trip. At least for me. The hand made candy cane has been on my list for a long time because I’ve heard how amazing they are. It was so worth it!
Give the Gift of Disneyland this Holiday Season
Did you know you can book a Disneyland vacation package for as low as $175 down with Get Away Today? They have an interest-free Layaway Plan, allowing you to make flexible payments up until five days before you travel. It’s such a convenient way to plan and budget for a Disneyland vacation for the Holidays. For travel this year or next, Get Away Today has the best deals on discount Disneyland tickets, which you can view at www.getawaytoday.com. If you’d like the help of a travel specialist when planning your next family vacation, give them a call at 855-GET-AWAY. Let them know Liz On Call sent you, and use promo code LizOnCall for an additional $10 in savings on your vacation package.
Have you been to the parks during the holidays? What is one of the things you have to do when there? Or if you’re planning a trip, what’s one thing you want to make happen while you’re there?