Planning a trip to the parks in 2020? Here is a breakdown by month of what is New At Disneyland In 2020 to make the most of your trip.
This post contains affiliate links which mean I make a little something when you purchase through the link with no extra cost to you.
While many iconic attractions and events at Disneyland Resort remain the same, there is something new to look forward to each year. My friends at Get Away Today have a snapshot of what’s new at Disneyland in 2020 so you can start planning your next visit.
Our family is headed back to the parks soon and we can’t wait to see what’s new while we are there. While some dates aren’t official yet, here’s a look at when popular seasonal celebrations will take place in Disneyland during 2020. Plus, there are a few all-new experiences to look forward to!
New at Disneyland in 2020
- Dates to-be-determined:
- Disneyland’s Magic Happens parade will make its way to the Resort in 2020 and focus on those little moments when the magic truly happens for Disney Characters and viewers.
- Avengers Campus opens phase one some time in 2020 in Disney California Adventure Park Guests are invited to dine at the Ant-Man Microbrewery and fight crime with Spider-Man aboard a Web Slinger ride.
Disneyland 2020 Winter
- Three Kings Day(s) celebrated January 3 – 6.
- Holidays at Disneyland Resort continue until January 6.
- Lunar New Year begins January 17.
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance ride opens in Galaxy’s Edge January 17.
- Lunar New Year continues until February 9.
- Valentine’s Day is February 14 and many guests celebrate by attending the separately-ticketed Sweetheart’s Nite.
- Disney’s Food and Wine Festival in California Adventure Park begins February 28 (earliest start date ever!).
Disneyland 2020 Spring
- Disney’s Food and Wine Festival continues all month long.
- Easter is celebrated April 12, and Disney typically does small activities such as a scavenger hunt throughout the season.
- Disney’s Food and Wine Festival wraps up April 21.
- Grad Nites are hosted May 8, 9, 15, 16, 20, 26, 27, 29, and 30.
Disneyland 2020 Summer
- Summer hours begin at Disneyland Resort.
- Grad Nites are hosted June 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 12, and 13.
- July 4 is Independence Day.
- July 17 is Disneyland’s birthday.
- Summer hours continue at the Parks.
Disneyland 2020 Fall
- Halloween Time begins.
- Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party is hosted on select nights in Disney California Adventure Park.
- Halloween Time celebrations continue in both Parks until October 31.
- Oogie Boogie Bash nights continue until October 31.
- Both Parks transition to Holidays at Disneyland Resort around mid-month.
- Thanksgiving is November 26.
- Holidays at Disneyland Resort continue into January.
- Christmas is celebrated November 25.
Ready to plan your Disneyland trip for 2020?
You’re never penalized for booking early with Get Away Today, so you can get a head start on your 2020 vacation plans now. For as low as $175 down, you can book your Southern California vacation package (theme park tickets and hotel) using the Get Away Today Layaway Plan. Up until five days before you travel, you can make interest-free payments on your vacation, making Disneyland more affordable than ever before. Plus, you can enjoy perks as a Get Away Today guest, including Extra Night Free at Anaheim hotels, complimentary breakfast, free parking and more. Book online at www.getawaytoday.com or get personalized assistance by calling 855-GET-AWAY. Be sure to let them know Liz On Call sent you, and use code LizOnCall to enjoy an additional $10 in savings.
Not sure about using Get Away Today to use for your vacation planning? Check out this post on why use Get Away Today to plan your vacation. They are my favorite company to use when planning a trip to Disneyland.