Craft up the most beautiful Christmas tree ornaments, holiday decor or gift tags with these free Layered Ornament SVG Files.
This post contains affiliate links which means I make a little something extra when you purchase through the link.
You know, I have not made Christmas ornaments for my tree in a long time. It’s just not something I have taken time to do lately. But this year things are a little different. And I just might have the time to make some.
I had so much fun designing these designs for these layered Christmas ornaments. Not only were they fun to design, but they were fun to make too. I thought they would be not only cute Christmas ornaments, but great gift tags too.
Once I made these two original designs, I just couldn’t help myself and needed to make more. You can grab all 6 designs in my shop.
To make these layered ornaments you will need:
And you’ll need the SVG files which you can download at the end of this post.
To start off, choose your colored card stock. I picked up a package of the holiday cardstock from Cricut and I loved these colors.
When working with cardstock, I like to use my light grip mat. It’s easier to get the paper off the mat. Plus if you have thin cuts, like some of the red layers on these ornaments, it helps to keep things from ripping.
How To Make Paper Ornaments
Upload the svg file into Cricut Design Space once you’ve downloaded the file. Size the design to fit the size ornaments you want to make. I recommend not going any smaller than 3.5 inches wide with these designs.
Once you have the file sized, click make it and it will put all the different colored pieces onto different colored mats. You can use any color of cardstock you want, just make sure you are cutting the right layer on the right color of cardstock.
Once each layer is cut, remove the cutting mat from the cardstock design. Use a spatula tool to help if needed.
Use some adhesive glue or tape runner to attach all the layers together. I think it’d be really cool to use some foam stickers to create even greater dimension between layers when putting these together.
Add some twine to the top to attach these to your tree or garland or gifts!
Free Ornament SVG Files
I’ve teamed up once again with my favorite SVG designers to bring you even more ideas and free ornament SVG files. These are all so good!
Make sure to hop around and grab all these free files. I love how we each have our own unique styles and that there is something for everyone.
- Snowflake Ornaments – We Can Make That!
- Winter Wonderland Arabesque Tile Ornament – Brooklyn Berry Designs
- Good Cheer Hand Lettered Wood Ornament – Printable Crush
- Mistletoe and Merlot Ornament – Kelly Leigh Creates
- Merry Christ-mas Wood Slice Ornament – unOriginal Mom
- 3D Tree Ornament – Try it – Like it – Create it
- Oh Snap! Gingerbread Man – Hello Creative Family
- House Under Elf Surveilance – Happy Go Lucky
- Let it Snow – Everyday Party Magazine
- Shaker Ornament – Mom of 5 Trying to Survive
- Gingerbread Ornaments – Artsy-Fartsy Mama
- Rustic Elements Wood Slice Ornaments – The Girl Creative
- Layered Christmas Wreath Ornament – Liz on Call
- Felt Christmas Ornament – Life Sew Savory
- Big Bulb “Holly Jolly” Ornament – Fynes Designs
- Merry Christmas Gnome – Cutting Machine Crafting
- 3D Paper Ornaments – That’s What Che Said
As for the Layered Ornament SVG Files, fill in your email below and once you confirm, the files will be sent straight to your in box.
I love the versatility of these ornament SVG files. They can be used with adhesive vinyl on ornaments or they can be hung directly onto a tree. These layered ornaments would look cute as decor or as gift tags. So many possibilities.