Make your favorite poolside drink into a tasty treat and whip up a batch of these pina colada cupcakes.
I don’t know about you, but I love a sweet treat! Lately one of my most popular posts is this pina colada party punch mocktail recipe. Inspired by how popular the punch has been, I decided a pina colada treat would be a perfect summer sweet treat. And what better way to enjoy a pina colada than in cupcake form.
These pina colada cupcakes are full of pineapple and coconut flavor in both the cupcake and the frosting.
I could not help adding delicious garnishes to finish off these cupcakes. Aren’t they the cutest!?!?! I could totally go for one of these by the pool!
Pina Colada Cupcakes
- 1 white boxed cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 8 oz can crushed pineapple - drained (reserve the juice)
- 1/3 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter - room temp.
- 2 TBL pineapple juice
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- cherries and sliced pineapple to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together cake mix, egg whites, oil, coconut milk, crushed pineapple and pineapple juice.
- Divide among lined cupcake pans to make 24 cupcakes.
- Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy.
- Add pineapple juice, coconut extract and dash of salt and start mixing.
- Add sweetened coconut flakes and powdered sugar to mixture and, starting slowly, mix everything together until well combined.
My family devoured these cupcakes. Even those that don’t really like cake, loved these cupcakes! I loved how bright and fun they turned out.
For a cupcake, these pina colada cupcakes are very light. Making them a perfect summer treat. I think you should plan an outdoor party just to make these cupcakes! 🙂