If you love cherry limeades, you’ll love these cherry limeade cupcakes. Your favorite drink in cupcake form!
It’s hot and all I want to do is drink frosty beverages with yummy ice all day long! One of my favorite drinks is a cherry limeade. They are super tasty and super refreshing in the summer time. Lately I’ve been trying to cut back on carbonated beverages so I haven’t had as many cherry limeades this summer as I would’ve like. To stave off the craving, I thought it’d be fun to create some cherry limeade cupcakes to make me feel like I’m indulging in my favorite summer drink.
These cherry limeade cupcakes are full of fresh lime in the cake and delicious cherry in the frosting. I have decided that I really like lime! I even love it added to my drinking water. It’s just such a refreshing flavor. And it doesn’t disappoint in these cupcakes.
- 1 white boxed cake mix
- lime juice
- 3 oz package lime jello
- zest of one lime
- 2 sticks butter – room temperature
- dash of salt
- small jar maraschino cherries
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Make cake mix according to package directions, but only add half the water. Add lime juice to make up the rest of the water amount. (ie. if it calls for 1 cup water, use 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup lime juice)
- Mix in 3 oz package of lime jello and lime zest to batter.
- Fill cupcake cups with batter, 2/3 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes, until cooked all the way through.
- Remove from oven and let cool before frosting.
- In a mixing bowl whip butter until fluffy.
- Add 3 TBL juice from jar of maraschino cherries.
- Add a dash of salt and vanilla and combine.
- Add powdered sugar and slowly mix until everything is combined.
- Fill a pastry bag with a frosting tip and frost the cupcakes.
- Top with cherry and slice of lime to garnish.
Topped with some beautiful garnishes, these cupcakes will steal the show. Or at least be the hot buy at the bake sale. They were just so delicious and we loved sharing these with our friends and neighbors.
If you love cupcakes that taste like your favorite drink, make sure to check out these pina colada cupcakes too! I’m sure you’ll love them!
Do you love cherry limeades too? Then you gotta try these cherry limeade cupcakes.