Take ordinary to extraordinary this summer with a pitcher of this blueberry lemonade.
The temps are close to 120 degrees this week in Phoenix, which means I am in need of a cold beverage at all times. Although we drink a lot of water around here, it can get a little old. Lemonade is a classic summer drink for hot days, and is one of our favorite refreshing summer drinks. I decided to combine our classic lemonade recipe with one of my kids favorite fruits, blueberries. This blueberry lemonade is so delicious and a great twist on a classic summer drink.
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 pt. blueberries
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 liters - 1 Gallon water
- Add 2 cups sugar and 1 cup water to a small saucepan on medium high heat.
- Stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Puree washed blueberries and strain through a strainer to remove any big pieces.
- In a big pitcher, add lemon juice, sugar syrup, blueberry puree and 3 liters of water.
- Mix together.
- Add additional ⅓ cup sugar and water if needed.
- Serve over ice.
I got together with some of my favorite foodies to bring you more blueberry goodness. I mean, look how beautiful all these recipes look. Make sure and check them all out.
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake from Bread Booze Bacon
Blueberry Coffee Cake from I Heart Eating
Frozen Blueberry Margaritas from Cooking with Curls
No Bake Red, White, and Blue Cake from Home. Made. Interest.
Berries & Cream Trifle from Celebrating Sweets
Two Bite Blueberry Muffins from The Two Bite Club
Blueberry Lemonade from Liz on Call
Blueberry White Chocolate Oat Bars from It Bakes Me Happy
And if you love lemonade, make sure and check out these easy lemonade recipes.