These churro waffles are sure to be a hit with the whole family. And with the cream cheese glaze, you’ll think you’re having dessert for breakfast!
Are you a waffle person or a pancake person? Me? I’m a waffle person. To me, pancakes get a little too soggy. That’s why I like waffles. Especially if they are a little on the well done side. For Christmas my parents got us a waffle maker that makes 2 waffles at a time. It has come in really hand when we are making waffles for a crowd (which has happened more times than I know).
I knew that national waffle day was fast approaching so I wanted to share a delicious waffle recipe with all of you. Since I’ve been missing Disney parks lately, I thought I’d combine my love of waffles and Disney and make a churro waffle for national waffle day.
There are many reasons this waffle should be on your to make list. But the best thing about this recipe, is the short cut of using a store bought waffle mix. After I’m done adding all the ingredients however, it doesn’t taste like a boxed waffle mix. 🙂 Of course the churro topping and the cream cheese glaze make it really tasty too. And you won’t believe how easy that cream cheese glaze is. Here’s a hint: It’s one ingredient.
- 3 cups waffle mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter - melted
- 1½ cups milk
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 can store bought cream cheese frosting
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 TBL butter melted
- Heat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl mix together waffle mix, ½ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp nutmeg, ¼ tsp baking powder.
- In a small bowl mix together eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Add ⅓ cup melted butter.
- Spray waffle maker with non stick spray.
- Add ⅔ cup mix to waffle iron and cook for approx. 3 mins.
- In a shallow dish, mix together ¼ cup white sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon.
- When waffle is done cooking, brush with the remaining melted butter and cover with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Remove lid and foil cover from store bought frosting and place in microwave.
- Microwave frosting for 20 - 30 seconds.
- Stir the frosting and if needed, microwave for an additional 10 seconds until you get a pouring consistency.
These waffles are so good! Your family and friends will love them.
What are some of your favorite waffle toppings?
Here are some other delicious breakfast recipes you might enjoy:
Don’t want cream cheese glaze, try this buttermilk syrup.