I realized it had been a while since I shared a sweet treat recipe here with you. I’ve been meaning to try making some rocky road cookies for months now and finally found a spare minute to make up a batch. Not sure how they would turn out, I have to say, I am a fan!
You see, I’m not a huge chocolate lover. (GASP!) I know, but only certain types of chocolate. Like chocolate ice cream for example. Since I’m not a fan of chocolate ice cream, I rarely eat rocky road ice cream. So why I had a hankering to mix up rocky road cookies? Who knows! And no, I’m not pregnant. 🙂
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used slivered almonds, you could use peanuts, pecans, etc.)
- 1/2 cup mini mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- In mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture
- Mix until dough forms
- Add nuts, marshmallows and chocolate chips
- I used a cookie scoop to drop dough onto baking sheet, then patted the dough down to cook evenly. (these cookies don't really spread during baking)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes
Maybe I just wanted to find another use for those really small mini marshmallows that I’ve had in my cupboard! Well, if you have some of those, this recipe is perfect to use them up. Or you could use regular mini marshmallows, they just turn out a little different with the mini marshmallows. This dough is not ooey gooey like a regular chocolate chip cookie would be. Its a little stiffer, more cake/brownie like, but delicious all the same.
These cookies were so so good! Even a non rocky road ice cream fan like me couldn’t just eat one. The 4 dozen cookies this recipe made were gone the next day. My sister watched the kids for us and they all had their fair share. 🙂
These cookies would be a fun kind to make up for your next pot luck. Something a little different than the usual.
Want more cookie recipes?
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Louisiana Lemonade Recipe
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Prickly Pear Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- Dragon Party Punch
- Valentine Party Punch Recipe
- Shark Party Punch
- Mickey Mouse Freak Shake
- Black Cat Cupcakes
- White Cranberry Peach Lemonade
- Sparkling Grapefruit Party Punch – Mother’s Day Brunch Idea
- Root Beer Float Ice Cream in a Bag