These shortbread turtle cookies are so buttery and delicious. A perfect Christmas cookie for gifting.
I find that most of my time is spent in the kitchen this time of year. I’m either trying out new recipes for my family or baking sweet treats for our friends and neighbors. And these shortbread turtle cookies are one of those treats that will be gifted to our friends and neighbors this year. They are so good!
Pecans and caramel are two of my favorite things to use in baking. When I was sent some delicious caramel and chocolate baking products from Chocoley, I knew that I had to create something with pecans too. That’s how these shortbread turtle cookies came to be. Plus I thought they would be a great Christmas cookie.
- 2 sticks butter - room temp.
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 dozen pecan halves
- 1 pound caramel
- 1 pound melting chocolate
- Using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add a pinch of salt, flour and vanilla and combine.
- Mixture will be a bit crumbly, dump out onto wax or parchment paper and use form into log shape. About 2 inches in diameter.
- Roll dough in wax or parchment and place log into fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Remove dough and slice 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the edges just start to turn golden brown.
- Melt caramel in microwave according to package instructions and drizzle a spoonful onto each cookie.
- Place a pecan half in the center of each cookie and let caramel set up.
- Melt chocolate in microwave according to package instructions and either drizzle over the top of each cookie or add a spoonful to the top of each cookie.
You can see all that gooey caramel along with the pecan in this cookie. You could even just drizzle the milk chocolate over the top of the cookie instead of spooning it over the top. That would look really pretty to be able to see the caramel and pecan under the chocolate layer.
However you decide to top the shortbread with your caramel and chocolate, it’s going to taste delicious!
Do you find yourself in the kitchen most days? What are you cooking up?
Here are some other Christmas cookies you might like:
This post is in partnership with Chocoley. All opinions are my own.
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Louisiana Lemonade Recipe
- School Subject Labels with Cricut Maker 3
- Pineapple Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- Cranberry Moscow Mule Mocktail Recipe
- Disney Princess Rapunzel Toys
- Mermaid Party Punch
- Purple Ombre Cake
- How To Make a Vinyl Stencil in Cricut Design Space
- Easy Pink Party Punch Recipe
- Princess Birthday Party
- Lemonade Mix