This summer I have been slow to get around to any sort of 4th of July preparations. It’s probably because we don’t really have any big plans to celebrate this year. We are not going to be going out of town, but will be staying home to pack up our house. (Now you can see where the lack of motivation has come from.) But I would like to do something a little festive with my family to celebrate. Even if it’s just a quick patriotic themed meal with them. These patriotic cheesecake shortcakes are perfect for such a meal. They are super easy to put together since they only have 4 ingredients! Plus there is no baking and heating up the house!
- 1 package store bought dessert shells
- 1 small package cheesecake instant pudding
- milk (to make pudding, usually 2 cups)
- berries to top them
- Mix together milk and cheesecake instant pudding until it starts to become soft set
- Fill dessert shells with pudding
- Place in fridge until ready to serve
- Top with berries
Have you ever used those store bought dessert shells you see in the grocery store? I have always just walked past them when I see them near the produce. I finally decided to pick one up and see what I could whip together. They made this dessert super easy and quick to make, that’s for sure.
You can really top these with anything. Even chocolate syrup if you wanted. My hubby would love that! I just picked berries because they are in season right now and so delicious. And they make them that much more patriotic!
Happy 4th of July!
Here are some other fun 4th of July ideas:
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Coconut Lime Party Punch
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Pomegranate Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- How To Make Simple Syrup
- Easy Churro Dessert Board
- Mickey Mouse Freak Shake
- Holiday Party Punch Recipe
- Sparkling Pina Colada Party Punch
- Peach Bellini Mocktail Party Punch
- Disney Inspired Mickey Mouse Soft Pretzels
- How to make Buttermilk Syrup if you don’t have Buttermilk