Caramel apple cheesecake pie-fait is a rich, decadent dessert that requires no baking. And your guests will love it!
When it comes to desserts, there are times when I don’t mind putting in a lot of hours and work to create something delicious. Then there are others, when I want something quick and easy but will also takes great. (And make people think I spent a lot of time making it too.) Well this caramel apple cheesecake pie-fait, is one of the latter. People will think you spent hours whipping up this delicious creation, when really you only spent minutes!
The reason it comes together so quickly is because it starts out with a pie you buy from your local grocery store bakery. I bought my apple pie from Fry’s Food Stores. They have great pies there. But any grocery store bakery apple pie will work. Just find one that looks good to you.
Now I created this dessert in the same layering fashion you would make a parfait. But because I start out with a pie, I decided to call it a caramel apple cheesecake pie-fait. Start with a scoop of your apple pie, topped with an easy no bake cheesecake, some caramel drizzle and whipped cream, a little goes a long way with this dessert.
- 1 bakery baked apple pie
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese - softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- caramel ice cream topping
- whipped cream (whatever kind you like)
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese and condensed milk.
- Beat in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Next layer your pie-fait into small dishes.
- Start by putting a scoop of the apple pie into the bottom of your dish.
- Then add a layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top that with a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- You can repeat these layers if your dish permits.
- Top with some whipped cream, another drizzle of caramel sauce and a small wedge of the pie crust.
Apple pie just happens to be one of my favorite desserts ever! The crust happens to be one of my favorite things about pie, so I had to add a piece of pie to my pie-fait! 🙂 This dessert just combines so many of my favorite things into one amazing bite.
Really a little goes a long way. This caramel apple cheesecake pie-fait is very rich, so making smaller portions would be perfect for a cocktail party of small get togethers.
Plus it’s a fun twist on a classic apple pie and cheesecake combo.
So what are some of your favorite dessert combinations?
If you’re a pie lover like me, you might like these recipes.