This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
We are finally approaching my favorite season! Even though it’s still super hot here in AZ, I am ready to do some fall baking. So when #CollectiveBias sent me to Smart & Final #ChooseSmart to bake a treat perfect for fall using some of their First Street brand products, I was super excited! Pumpkin is the flavor of fall and I decided to put together these yummy pumpkin pie whoopie cookies.
Did you know that Smart & Final has their own brand of products? You can find First Street sugar, butter, cheese, milk, flour, and more. You can even find baked goods. The baked goods are really easy to find. In my store they are right by the entrance and the produce. You can find donuts, cupcakes, pies, cakes, breads, cookies and more. I checked out the baked goods section to see if there was anything I could use to whip up a quick fall baked good.
I bought a few things that had me excited for fall. I bought a variety pack of cookies, an 8″ pumpkin pie and a couple other items to put together my pumpkin pie whoopie cookies.
I decided to use the baked filling from the pumpkin pie as the main ingredient in a classic frosting recipe. So I scooped out the inside, leaving the empty pie crust. Using First Street butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar, I made up the middle frosting part of the whoopie cookie.
- 8" First Street Pumpkin Pie
- First Street Variety Pack Cookies (with Snickerdoodles)
- 4 oz First Street Cream Cheese
- 4 TBL First Street Butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 cups First Street Powdered Sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese
- Add 1 cup of baked pumpkin pie filling and cream together
- Add vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon
- Starting the mixer on slow, add powdered sugar
- **If it seems too soft, add another 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Spread frosting on bottom of cookie and top with another cookie, making your whoopie pie cookie
I took one of the snickerdoodle cookies from my variety pack and put the pumpkin pie frosting on the bottom and then topped it with another cookie. I even tried it with the molasses cookie, but the snickerdoodle and pumpkin pie frosting combo was the best.
This was such a quick treat to whip together since I was able to use some of the First Street baked items that where ready to go.
From September 17th – 30th Smart & Final will be giving away (3) $500 gas cards and (10) $100 Smart & Final gift cards when you purchase any 2 First Street bakery items and enter a code on-line that you can find on your receipt.
You could purchase the items you need to make these pumpkin pie whoopie cookies and get a shot at winning! Do you have a party coming up and need to make a treat? This is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
If you are not familiar with Smart & Final or you just want to see what’s new there, you can keep up with them on social media:
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- School Subject Labels with Cricut Maker 3
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Copycat Disneyland Mint Julep Recipe
- Disney Princess Rapunzel Toys
- Shark Party Punch
- Purple Popcorn
- How To Make a Vinyl Stencil in Cricut Design Space
- Holiday Party Punch Recipe
- Black Magic Halloween Party Punch Recipe
- White Cranberry Peach Lemonade
- Root Beer Float Ice Cream in a Bag