You may remember a few weeks ago I shared a delicious recipe for Honey Lemon Dill Salmon that you can make in 15 minutes. Well today I wanted to share another #15MinuteSuppers recipe that uses the super convenient and easy to use Gourmet Garden herbs and spices. Using the italian herbs and the garlic paste, I made chicken, asparagus, herb pasta.
I was shocked that I was able to get my kids to eat asparagus! Of course when it is covered with chicken, herbs and parmesan, who wouldn’t want to eat it!
Now this recipe may seem really difficult, but it really is not hard. In order for this to take 15 minutes, there are a few tricks. I used chicken that was already cooked. Now I like to bottle my own chicken and keep it in my pantry just for occasions such as this. It makes meal prep super easy and it tastes pretty good too. You can always use a rotisserie chicken or save your grilled chicken leftovers to use it in this dish. The first thing to do is get that pot of water boiling on the stove to cook your pasta. As it is boiling and cooking away, you throw the rest of this chicken asparagus herb pasta together. You can see more pasta dishes (that inspired this dish) using the Gourmet Garden products HERE (at the bottom of the post).
- 1 TBL olive oil
- 2 TBL butter
- 1 tsp. Gourmet Garden chunky garlic
- 3 TBL Gourmet Garden Italian herbs
- 2 cups cooked chicken - chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. each salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- shredded parmesan cheese to top
- Set a big pot of water on the stove to boil.
- Wash and trim asparagus into about 1" pieces. Make sure to throw away the tough ends (about the bottom 2 inches).
- In a large skillet pan with at least 2" sides, add butter and oil and set on medium high heat to let butter melt.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook per package directions.
- Add garlic and italian herbs to melted butter and oil and mix until all combined.
- Throw asparagus into pot of water with pasta for about 2 minutes. Remove asparagus with a slotted spoon and put it into the pan with the herb and butter.
- Add chopped chicken to asparagus and herbs.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper and mix it all together.
- Once pasta is cooked, remove pasta from boiling water with a slotted spoon and add it to the skillet. KEEP SOME OF THE PASTA WATER.
- Add about 1 cup of the pasta water to your skillet.
- Mix everything together and top with parmesan cheese to serve.
And if you’re not an asparagus fan, ditch it and just make the recipe without it! It’s still tasty and still takes just 15 minutes to make!
Need more quick 15 minute recipe ideas? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
- Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Quesadillas by Around My Family Table
- Sausage and Zucchini Biscuits by Better in Bulk
- Chicken Soft Taco Roll Ups by Pink Cake Plate
- Easy Fruit Salad by Jen’s Journey
- Artichoke Dip and Caramelized Onion Quesadillas by Famished Fish, Finicky Shark
- Chicken, Asparagus & Herb Pasta by Liz on Call
- Hummus Pita Pizzas by Home Cooking Memories
BLOGGERS: Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group (for bloggers) to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
- Picnic Time Lemonade Disneyland Copycat Recipe
- Marvel Inspired Freakshake
- Pomegranate Margarita Mocktail Recipe
- How To Make Simple Syrup
- Mermaid Party Punch
- Purple Popcorn
- Black Cat Cupcakes
- Chocolate Covered Twinkies on a Stick
- Peach Bellini Mocktail Party Punch
- Baked Bacon Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- Root Beer Float Ice Cream in a Bag
- Valentine’s Day Cookie Bouquet